As the Director of Design for New Products, Owners and Rentals, you are a bold, forward-thinking User Experience Design Leader who has the courage to promote and support forward-thinking user centered design. You are a strong design and research advocate and can communicate a clear point of view from a user perspective in product design and strategic discussions. You actively challenge the status quo in an effort to improve upon it. You are self-motivated and can hit the ground running managing yourself and your team. You are a strong people manager that will help organize, grow and strategically lead a strong design team and culture. You have the ability to shape product vision into user centered products ranging from concept development to launch with an expert understanding of design processes and methodologies. You will inspire your team to create world-class concepts and products. Your innovative design approach will give our consumers a fresh, playful cross-device home discovery experience.
Are you up for it? Wonderful – Let’s talk!
- Frame strategic business, product, and engineering needs from a user perspective and organize into action.
- Able to lead strategically and align teams to achieve both short and long term goals
- Makes timely, informed decisions that take into account the facts, goals, constraints and risks.
- Help shape the design vision for our native apps and new products
- Models collaboration across organization while improving processes to gain efficiency, remove obstacles, and simplify problems contributing to the to individuals and teams realizing their full potential.
- Oversee and push strong design and research methods and processes.
- Guided by user insights, anticipates user needs and drives ux solutions that are beyond customer expectations.
- Hire and retain a strong team of talented individuals.
- BA/BS degree in design, design and research, human-computer interaction, or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of relevant work experience, including experience managing a cross-functional user experience team, as well as experience integrating user research into design practices.
- 5 years of experience leading a User Experience team.
- Expert knowledge of user-centered design principles, UX Design best practices, trends and emerging technologies.
- Experience shepherding products for consumer audiences from concept to implementation.
- Online portfolio demonstrates solutions that represent the most user-centric intersection of content, business, technology, and design
- Degree in human factors, HCI, information design, or related area.
- Experience managing a portfolio of UX projects for multiple device types and contexts.
- Proven leadership in communicating and applying research, conceptual ideas, and design rationale; all within a user-centered design process.