A leader in online real estate, Move Inc. provides the best real estate tools in the market that ultimately empower people to love where they live. We’re committed to providing real estate professionals with the content, tools, and data intelligence they need in order to provide unparalleled service to clients making big investment decisions.
We have an exciting internship / temporary opportunity for a skilled and energetic individual to join our team in the Morgantown, WV office as an Associate Software Engineer. You’ll have the chance to work in a startup culture on an experienced and cohesive team with the support of a large company. This position will include design, coding, testing, and operational duties in support of projects being led by more senior level software engineers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively in an Agile/Scrum team to plan sprints, expand stories into tasks, work on removing impediments, and execute at top velocity while focusing on rapid and incremental delivery of high quality code
- Assist in all aspects of software development
- Build and maintain core competency of technological knowledge, staying in touch with emerging technologies, and share this knowledge with colleagues
- Participate in technical design and code reviews
- Assist business teams by performing data analyses and creating reports
- This is a temporary position for up to a six month assignment
- During a school term, a 20 to 29 hour work week is expected, however office hours are flexible. While on breaks from school, a full time work week of 40 hours is possible and highly desired.
Skills and Experience:
- Proficient in using source revision-control systems, especially git
- Development experience with an operating system other than Windows is required
- Basic understanding of networking protocols and concepts
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Must be a strong problem solver and critical thinker
- Experience with relational databases or NoSQL data stores
- Experience with web frameworks or libraries such as React, AngularJS, JQuery, Bootstrap, D3 and HighCharts
- Experience with unit test frameworks and test automation tools
- Experience consuming web-services, RESTful or other; experience building these is a plus
- Familiarity with build and deployment automation technologies is a plus
- Experience to Amazon Web Services or other cloud providers is a plus
- Exposure to Docker or other containerization technologies is a plus
- Must have equivalent completion of at least two years of college or university level coursework in computer science, computer engineering or closely related discipline
- Individuals currently enrolled at an accredited college/university pursuing a degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a closely related discipline are preferred. Recent graduates or those re-entering the industry will be considered.