About Move Inc.
Move, Inc. is the developer and operator of realtor.com®, a leading destination used by millions of customers to discover and create their perfect home. The 50 million unique user mark for realtor.com® in January 2016 was 34 percent higher than the site’s previous record for January 2015 of 37 million. We have the most comprehensive and accurate coverage of real estate listings, the most engaged users across all real estate online portals, and top rated mobile applications at the cutting edge of mobile revolution.
Housing is one of the most important emotional and financial decisions for most customers. As part of Move you will enable our customers to make their housing related decisions with access to best data and experience possible. We offer a startup-like fast moving culture, coupled with the financial stability of Fortune 500 company. We reward passion for innovation, creativity and quality. If you enjoy working in a dynamic, cutting-edge work environment and desire to make a significant contribution to our customers, then make the Move!
You will be leading teams that are building the backbone of our products – services and components that are leveraged by multiple teams in the organization to build features meeting needs of consumers and real estate professionals. Specifically, you will be responsible for our search back-end and infrastructure that powers real estate search experiences for consumers as well as real estate professionals. You will drive your teams to acquire, create and enhance data; and use this data to provide feature-rich search services that allow us to surge ahead of the competition. We are on a multi-year journey to build or enhance these foundational capabilities. You will be the key driver for this transformation, helping us ensure that this effort is a success.
- Coach and mentor team members, and regularly provide feedback.
- Provide strategic direction to the team, and help prioritize work.
- Work with partners in business, product and other engineering teams to understand their needs.
- Understand industry and technology trends, and calibrate roadmap accordingly.
- Build delivery plan, set expectations and drive execution.
- Ensure team makes right architectural choices and follows best practices for software development.
- Drive culture of continuous improvement, innovation and customer focus.
- Strengthen culture of sharing and collaboration within and across teams.
- MS or PhD in computer science.
- Should have deep expertise in search domain. Should be able to drive team towards building differentiated search capabilities at scale while improving search recall and relevance.
- Should have strong sense for how to build capabilities that can improve discovery via search and browse experiences.
- Should be able to drive large inter-dependent software development teams working towards common business goals while solving for the customers.
- Should have strong leadership and interpersonal skills to lead team towards a vision.
- Should have strong communication skills to articulate vision / strategy.
- Should be able to collaborate with partners in various functions, negotiate delivery and manage relationships.
- Should be able to set the pace for team, drive change, and push for results.
- Should have good understanding of technology trends to set direction for the team.
- At least 10 years of experience managing software development teams.
- Santa Clara, CA.