We are looking for a communications professional with a passion for brand-building and storytelling. The Communications Manager will have responsibility for the implementation of external communications strategies that position realtor.com as the best place for consumers to create their perfect home and for real estate professionals to build their business. This role requires critical thinking, superior communication skills and the ability to collaborate and lead.
- Develop and execute integrated PR/marketing communication strategies and programs to promote our brand and products, and drive positive media coverage and marketplace engagement.
- Build relationships from the ground up with technology media on behalf of realtor.com.
- Nurture relationships and consistently engage with technology, consumer, and trade media, bloggers, and influencers.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders within the organization, tap them as resources and provide direction on PR initiatives.
- Serve as a company spokesperson and first point of contact for product-related media inquiries.
- Coordinate and manage press briefings and media interviews with our leaders and subject matter experts; provide general communications support.
- Identify thought leadership opportunities for individuals within the company to build their profiles and showcase company innovation.
- Manage and monitor the company’s online presence on websites such as Wikipedia and Glassdoor, and team with SEO and other internal business partners to optimize SEO opportunity.
- Manage media monitoring services and produce relevant reports.
- Measure effectiveness of communications programs and create plans to improve results.
- Other copywriting, editing and projects as requested, including client letters, award submissions and industry directories.
- Some travel (up to 20%) to other company offices and industry events.
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications or Marketing.
- 5 to 8 years of related PR experience in a corporate or agency environment. Technology, product/mobile app experience required.
- Experience as a company spokesperson dealing with technology and trade media preferred.
- Strong relationships with technology and business reporters.
- Ability to spot news trends and then make recommendations for proactive story pitches the company’s products can fit into outside of normal news cycles.
- Experience with or a willingness to learn the ins and outs of the real estate industry.
- Possesses an eye for what will resonate with various types of media and has the courage to work with internal teams to obtain necessary resources, collaborate and share constructive feedback.
- Experience with video as the company looks to incorporate video into product PR initiatives to tell its innovation story.
- Exceptional, articulate communicator with superior journalistic and business writing skills as well as strong verbal and presentation skills.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to influence stakeholders across all levels and functions, from front-line teammates to senior management.
- Demonstrated business acumen and ability to translate business strategy into clear and compelling communications.
- Self-starter who is able to manage multiple projects, prioritize effectively and consistently execute with excellence.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and operates with a sense of purpose and urgency