Come to work for Realtor.com! A leader in online real estate and backed by industry experience and the News Corp Brand, Realtor.com’s vision is to be the leading destination to discover and create your perfect home, and today more than 50 million unique users visit our company’s website and mobile apps monthly. What you can do at Realtor.com has the potential to touch people in a real and meaningful way. You’ll engage with some of the best and the brightest coworkers and leaders, learn and contribute, and have a great time. We work hard, play hard, and recognize achievement – rewarding passion for innovation, creativity and quality. If you enjoy working in a fast paced, dynamic, cutting-edge work environment and desire to make a meaningful contribution to the business, then make the move!
Realtor.com currently has an opportunity for a Director, Monetization & Strategic Pricing, reporting to the VP, Business Planning & Analysis and located in our Santa Clara, California office. Realtor.com has an ever-evolving portfolio of customer-facing products in the midst of a changing landscape of competitive products and pricing creating the need for a central role to oversee pricing strategy, customer monetization and yield management. As the central liaison for the organization between the sales, finance, analytics, data science, GTM and product functions, this role will coordinate and own the development of an operational pricing framework, the establishment of pricing strategies, development of next generation pricing capabilities and sophistication in pricing testing and optimization, and all related aspects of sales and revenue analysis, ROI modeling and business model decision influence.
An ideal candidate will have a strategic and business-oriented mindset with competency in pricing analytics, and previous exposure to a digital advertising business model. Specifically the candidate should have familiarity or expertise in developing strategic pricing frameworks and related internal operational processes.
- Facilitate the optimization of monetization through partnering with key functions within the organization.
- Understand drivers of revenue across the portfolio of customer-facing products and optimize cross-product and cross-division yield.
- Act as the central point of contact for all functions within the organization coordinating and championing the design and establishment of corporate pricing strategies for all customer-facing products.
- Partner with all necessary internal functions of the business in regards to pricing decisions and questions, inventory management and related monetization and financial modeling.
- In partnership with finance, analytics and data science teams, design a framework for pricing testing and oversee execution of tests.
- Lead initiatives to propose and investigate new strategies for pricing.
- Work with data science and technology teams to design and implement next-generation pricing capabilities and sophistication.
- Work with GTM research team to understand competitor products, pricing strategies and methodologies to improve Realtor.com’s ability to compete in the marketplace.
- Create internal operational framework for pricing to enable corporate-wide operating efficiencies.
- Generate alignment of key stakeholders around pricing, inventory and financial outcome including product, GTM, sales, finance, analytics, etc.
- Align cross-functional team capable of executing and analyzing pricing strategies and long-term projects.
Experience and Skills:
- Educational Requirements: BA with undergraduate focus in Finance, Statistics, Economics, or related field. MBA preferred.
- 10+ years' experience with increasing levels of responsibility; 3+ years in leadership capacity; 3+ years in pricing-specific role a plus.
- Digital advertising business model experience preferred; real estate industry experience a plus.
- Experience in developing strategic pricing frameworks, pricing testing methodologies, internal operational processes related to pricing, etc. desired.
- Ability to understand customer value proposition and ROI.
- Extensive business partnering and influencing skills.
- Superior presentation and communication skills; mature presence coupled with emotional intelligence.
- Proficiency with Excel (pivot tables, lookups, data linking) and PowerPoint (advanced graphing, visualization and presentation).
- Ability to organize, direct and develop personnel, and to plan and coordinate timely accomplishments of responsibilities.
- Ability to interact and communicate with individuals in various functional areas and various levels of management including C-level executives.
- Ability to remain flexible and thrive in a fast-paced and often hectic environment.