If working in an exciting startup-like environment while enjoying the stability, benefits, and resources of a billion dollar company sounds appealing to you, read on!
With record-shattering growth in 2016-17, realtor.com is set to be the leading real estate destination on the continent - and that’s only the beginning. We build products that connect aspiring home buyers and sellers with real estate agents and brokers who can guide them through the biggest financial decisions of their lives.
We have an exciting opportunity for a skilled and energetic Software Engineer to join our software development team working on the company’s core revenue generating products. You will play an important role as part of a team of talented developers building components and services that will allow us to enhance our products, help our customers, and grow our business substantially.
Job Duties and Responsibilities for Lead Software Engineer:
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and partner teams to discuss and align on product requirements, architecture and interface design, and release criteria.
- Design, develop, deliver, and maintain product features that will connect consumers with real estate professionals while driving strong business value for us.
- Deliver solutions that are of high quality, scalable, cloud-based, reliable, and extensible.
- Work collaboratively in an Agile / Scrum team to plan and execute at high velocity, and across teams to fulfill product vision - Lead by example.
- Explore technologies and prototype solutions that can be leveraged to introduce new innovations.
- Participate in process improvement initiatives to improve quality and timeliness of deliverables.
- Mentor other engineers, help with hiring, and help raise standard of engineering in the organization.
Requirements (Education, Skills and Experience):
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field, and 8+ years of professional experience building complex, robust, and highly scalable production services and applications.
- Extensive experience with scalable backend architecture and modern API design concepts.
- Strong command over database systems, relational and NoSQL.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and ability to communicate directly and effectively with stakeholders.
- Experience with agile practices, quick iterations, and integration of regular feedback.
- Experience with using public cloud services, especially AWS.
- Willingness to identify, learn, and use the best technology for a given task, regardless of your current strengths.
Your personal characteristics include:
- You are passionate about creating world-class products for our customers and will work hard to achieve this.
- You have a passion for learning, measuring progress, continuous improvement, sharing and working in a team environment.
- You take pride in writing clean, quality code, but can balance this with business practicality.
- You have your own point of view, are not afraid to speak up when you disagree with a topic of discussion.