Part-time • Competitive Pay • Excellent Benefits • Work from Anywhere in the Contiguous U.S.
20 hours per week
Ends Nov. 30, 2022
We are a vibrant online community of millions of people throughout the country empowered to do our part to create a world where we all can thrive.
We are a membership organization, which means we are only as strong as our members. We have a deep commitment to member listening and respecting the voices and perspectives of our members and their individual humanity. We know as staff we may not always agree with member sentiment and, while staff, we also have a responsibility to educate and move public opinion, so we try not to get too far out ahead of our members, in order to meet them where they are as we seek to move the dial together.
We are a community of millions of individuals of different ages, genders, races, ethnicities, sexual orientations, socioeconomic classes, immigration statuses, abilities, stories, and politics spread throughout every corner of this country. We come together because we don’t accept the imperfections of the world as it is, and we fight to create the world we want to see. We are not a monolith, and we don’t necessarily know each other, but we join together to fight for one another and in solidarity with those with less privilege than ourselves.
We are a political home. No matter where you live, you can find people who will fight for you here. We are all welcome, we all belong, and we take care of one another. We foster a space where we listen to, learn from, and grow with one another. We come together inspired by our shared sense of higher purpose and our commitment to humanity.
We are a grand experiment in living the vision we work to advance out in the world: a vision of a society that embraces multiracial populism, racial justice, and equity. We join together across identities and bring our respective causes to this space so that we can leverage our collective power to benefit us all.
MoveOn’s Email Intern will assist in making sure MoveOn’s email program is getting the best engagement rates, presenting the most compelling content, and is enhanced with the best visuals and most interactivity, in the service of our campaigns, organizing, and political objectives. We need a passionate, inventive, collaborative colleague to manage our email experience in the critical fights that are already beginning in this new political era. This role will help produce and ensure the overall engagement of our email program, including open rates, click-through rates, growth, and retention, and will report to MoveOn’s Director of Email Experience
- Build, QA, and launch multiple emails per week in Action Kit, working closely with campaigners, fundraisers, analysts, and engineers to promote social causes and candidates.
- Test and adopt new strategies and features to maximize email engagement.
- Analyze metrics on sent emails to pinpoint areas of improvement for higher engagement.
- Consult on email best practices to help staff produce the best emails with highest engagement.
- Work with Growth Marketing Manager to help leverage the paid program for email growth.
- Keep MoveOn staff up to date on how we’re doing with email engagement and make recommendations for how we can tweak our audiences and our email program to improve performance.
- Assist with list rental programs and other work from the MX team.
- Help campaigns staff to maximize the latest email production tools.
- Draft highly engaging emails as needed.
Required skills and experience
- Interested in managing email programs, including email design, engagement optimization, inbox placement, welcome series, reengagement tactics, etc.
- Experience in campaign-style email writing and optimization is strongly preferred.
- Expertise in any of the following tools is strongly preferred: ActionKit, Email on Acid.
- OR direct experience producing emails in one of the following: EveryAction, BSD, NGP, SilverLight, or a comparable application.
- Experience improving engagement rates for large email programs.
- Experience working with ISPs and in-house testing to ensure strong inbox placement and reliable and consistent delivery of emails across major email providers.
- Experience managing multiple projects and delivering work products at a fast pace.
- Adept in writing and editing HTML.
- Additional experience using SQL is preferred.
Reports to: Director of Email Experience
Location: Position may be based anywhere in the contiguous United States.
Classification, Salary, and Benefits: Part-time, competitive salary at $25/hour, benefits include; 10 days accrued paid sick time prorated for the period that you work; staff holidays, monthly cell phone and internet reimbursement of $175 per month, and equipment.
MoveOn.org Civic Action and MoveOn.org Political Action provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.