Director, Content & Engagement - Entertainment
Movement Strategy is looking for a Director, Content and Engagement to oversee our Content and Engagement Managers. You will report to the Head of Creative and work closely with Creative Directors, Art Directors, Copywriters, and Strategists.
As platform experts, The Director, Content & Engagement will be responsible for developing and implementing marketing strategies that align with our business objectives and engage our target audience. This role will require excellent leadership, strategic thinking, communication, and project management skills, as well as a deep understanding of community management and marketing for entertainment and brand clients.
A BIT ABOUT US
Movement Strategy believes that social media is the most important marketing channel. At Movement, we lead the best brand social channels (like Netflix, Amazon, WarnerMedia, Intuit, and more) to make award-winning social-centric work that breaks through the cultural zeitgeist and drives unparalleled brand growth. Our vision is to create a future where brands add real value to every community they touch - and our employees get to be a part of creating that future. We have remote hubs in New York, Denver, and LA, and we span across the United States. Our team of high-performers thrives on collaboration and innovation, fostering an environment where diverse perspectives are valued, and creativity is encouraged at every turn. We prioritize professional growth and development, offering continuous learning opportunities and a supportive atmosphere that empowers our teams to push boundaries and deliver exceptional results.
KEY FOCUS AREAS
- Team Management: You’ll manage a team of content & engagement managers to oversee the content & engagement tract across multiple accounts while nurturing their development and growth within the company. You’ll be responsible for the overall team health and workplace strategy, focusing on staffing, overseeing team allocations/burn reports, and working closely with Resource Management
- Editorial Content Development: You’re a creative thinker who is able to craft differentiated plans and engagement tactics. You should also have experience in creating and managing oversight on social media content calendars for large global brands by building community and content playbooks that speak authentically to our client’s audience. Think master global calendar with supporting local calendars. This includes everything from planning key dates and strategic moments to developing both copy and images for individual pieces of content targeted at different audiences and platforms. This requires strong communication, close collaboration with the creative team members, personal creativity, and organization to own these calendars efficiently and effectively
- Channel Management: You will launch new client channels and grow our existing channels (i.e. TikTok, Discord, Twitch, and YouTube) by creating and distributing informative and entertaining content for brand and entertainment clients. You will also provide direction on channel best practices and tactics including writing POVs on platform updates
- Engagement Strategy: You seek to provide value to individuals in the most natural way possible. This translates into management of content posting and strategic community interactions, in addition to specific customer service inquiries and questions. You are closely in tune with the overall social conversation, and can quickly identify trends, and engagement opportunities to insert the brand in. You also have experience in identifying, creating, and deploying engagement approaches for creative agencies
- Brand Engagement: You have experience in building community and engagement programming that speaks authentically to our audience; must be part of the community and have a passion for pop culture, entertainment, and being our internal trendsetter. You’ll also work closely with the Associate Director, Content & Engagement to determine holistic brand engagement strategies, as well as the creative and strategy leads to determine the social persona and tone of voice as it relates to engagement
- Scopes and Allocations: You will manage and determine the scope of work and staffing needs across accounts with the project management and account leadership team
- Case Studies & Awards: You will present case studies and emerging best practices related to engagement to senior leadership and the greater agency along with identifying superlative intra-agency engagement work to submit for awards and lead the submission process
- Creative Writing: You understand a brand’s voice, especially how to adopt this into the social vernacular. Perhaps more importantly, you provide direction to the team in a positive and efficient manner
- Team Communication: You’ll be confident and comfortable interacting with both your internal teams and Clients on a regular basis. Often, you’ll be called upon to explain the insight behind your work and help others understand the overall strategy of the content/activations you manage, and how to make it better
- Business Development: Showcases a track record of leadership in pitch processes, demonstrating the ability to shape pitch narratives, develop impactful creative concepts, and deliver winning work within pitch timelines.
- 8+ years experience creating and managing social media content for brand/owned channels with a focus on retail, agency setting preferred
- Ability to manage high volume workload across multiple accounts
- Ability to manage teams and work across time zones
- Unmatched attention to detail
- Strong communication, teamwork, and collaboration
- Overarching focus on getting the job done and bringing a solution-oriented approach to problems
- Expert knowledge of current social platforms (posting, scheduling, and creating content)
- Experience with social listening and publishing tools
- Impeccable writing, public speaking, and overall communication skills. This will entail copywriting, client communications, and reporting
- Can build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including clients, internal team, and decision-makers
- Can influence without authority and persuade through data will be critical given the role is on our central team.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and developments to ensure our marketing efforts remain innovative and effective for [brand, entertainment, or specific client industry].
- Content and editorial expert
- Passionate and knowledgeable about film, the entertainment industry, fashion, design, pop culture, and relevant markets
- Strong organizational skills (manage multiple channels and global/local market content calendars)
- Well-versed and up to speed in the latest social media technologies, platforms, services and analytics tools.
- Proven writing skills (technical and creative)
- Strong collaborator across internal and client teams
- Quick with feedback and revisions
- Keen with accuracy and proofreading
- Can handle multiple work streams and points of contact with ease
- You’re proactive and naturally curious about the digital and social space, constantly looking for opportunities
- You are passionate about the work you do and treat your client’s business as if it were your own
- You make others’ jobs easier (no matter who they are or what they do)
- You create a positive and open environment when around others
- Your attention to detail is unmatched
- You know how to hustle
- You have a diverse and inclusive perspective
BENEFITS & PERKS
Movement Strategy’s approach to the future of work: We embrace a remote culture and empower our employees to work wherever they feel most productive. To facilitate in-person collaboration, we have a partnership with WeWork which allows our employees to have a membership to any location nationwide. We recruit in our three main states of California, Colorado, and New York. We are open to recruiting candidates in these states: New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Texas, Arizona, Ohio, and Kansas.
As a leader in social advertising, we rely on the creativity of our people to deliver the best work for our clients. In return, we invest in our employees by offering them a diverse suite of benefits from best-in-class carriers, with enough choice and flexibility to keep our team and their families healthy and happy today and tomorrow.
- 100% employee contribution for health (base plan), vision, and dental
- 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance & AD&D
- Paid Parental Leave
- Fully-Remote Agency
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Take-As-You-Need Paid Time Off
- Take-As-You-Need Paid Mental Health Days
- 10 days minimum required off per year
- (11) Company Paid Holidays
- (3) Summer Fridays- Fully Off
- Week-Long Winter Agency Closure
- Support for continued education
- New Business Referral Bonus
- Movement Journey Program - Stipend for personal growth
- Health and Wellness Program
- WeWork Membership
- Positive Impact and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Committees
- Employee Resource Groups
SALARY & COMPENSATION
In compliance with local and state law, we are disclosing the compensation for roles that will be performed in New York City, Colorado, and California. The range listed is just one component of Movement Strategy’s total compensation package for employees. Individual compensation varies based on location, business needs, level of responsibility, experience, and qualifications. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards.
A successful applicant’s actual base salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, skill sets, years of relevant experience, qualifications, and certifications or other professional licenses held. Movement Strategy prides itself on providing competitive salaries and actively works to ensure there is pay equity across the company.
Pay Range: $135 - $150k salary per year
Movement Strategy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they check every single box. Movement Strategy is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourages those from historically and systemically marginalized communities to apply.
We believe that what we put out into the world matters. And since we were founded on the principles of paving our own path, we take bold steps toward what we believe is the right direction. This means addressing the big stuff: the systems of inequality that impact some of us far more than others. As culture creators, we firmly believe we have a responsibility to our colleagues, clients, communities, and the industry to live up to the Movement’s name. We confront inequities head-on as they come, knowing that this work is never done and that we must keep the momentum.