Group Creative Director - Entertainment & Brand
Location: Remote with travel opportunities for team building, client relationships, and new business
Movement Strategy is looking for a Group Creative Director to oversee various accounts, such as Amazon, and lead new business pitches. You will report to the EVP, Head of Creative, and oversee cross-functional team members as well as the creative team at large members. The Group Creative Director will oversee teams of creative professionals, setting the creative direction with a social-centric focus for high-profile brands under multiple clients and modeling excellence across all team interactions. You will also build excellent client relationships, partnering with team members leading the vision for each brand, and advocating for bold thinking that ensures the delivery of creative solutions that exceed our clients' goals.
We are looking for someone with social agency experience working on large brands, and experience being the creative lead on lifestyle and consumer-based clients. Experience in entertainment isn’t necessary but is a huge plus. We are looking for candidates with a copy background.
A BIT ABOUT US
Movement Strategy believes that social media is the most important marketing channel. At Movement, we lead the best brand social channels (like Netflix, Amazon, WarnerMedia, Intuit, and more) to make award-winning social-centric work that breaks through the cultural zeitgeist and drives unparalleled brand growth. Our vision is to create a future where brands add real value to every community they touch - and our employees get to be a part of creating that future. We have remote hubs in New York, Denver, and LA, and we span across the United States. Our team of high-performers thrives on collaboration and innovation, fostering an environment where diverse perspectives are valued, and creativity is encouraged at every turn. We prioritize professional growth and development, offering continuous learning opportunities and a supportive atmosphere that empowers our teams to push boundaries and deliver exceptional results.
KEY FOCUS AREAS
- Creative Leadership: Demonstrates a proven track record in providing mentorship and guidance to teams spanning mid, senior, and director levels, including writers, art directors, designers, creative directors, production, and the content & engagement team.
- Social-Centric Visionary: Spearheads innovative strategies, technologies, and big ideas that prioritize social media as the central element of brand marketing campaigns.
- Creative Direction: Sets the creative direction for communications, ensuring bold interpretation of brand guidelines, industry regulations, and market trends. Maintain a hands-on approach by conducting daily reviews with team creative directors to ensure the highest standards of execution.
- Collaboration and Partnership: Collaborates seamlessly with agency teams, especially Strategy and Account Management teams, to gain a deep understanding of clients' brand strategies, target audiences, market nuances, competitive pressures, and marketing objectives. Translate these insights into effective creative strategies that drive engagement.
- Client Relationships: Act as a primary contact for clients, cultivating strong relationships and an in-depth understanding of their needs. Collaborate closely with Account Management teams to bridge the gap between client expectations and creative deliverables. Be a dynamic presence at important client meetings, ready to address challenges in real-time.
- Team Management: Viewed as a leader on the team and within the agency. Is a manager of managers, helping CD reports overcome challenges, and providing constructive feedback. Inspire a collaborative spirit, instilling confidence in direct and skip-level reports of their abilities to exceed creative standards. Conduct performance evaluations, mentor staff to greatness, and foster a collaborative and positive work environment.
- Quality Control: Upholds uncompromising standards of creative excellence, consistently assembling teams capable of navigating the production process to deliver error-free creative materials within agreed timelines.
- Budget and Resource Management: Supports the Head of Creative to manage creative budgets, allocate resources, and improve productivity for assigned teams
- Business Development: Showcases a track record of leadership in pitch processes, demonstrating the ability to shape pitch narratives, develop impactful creative concepts, and deliver winning work within pitch timelines.
QUALIFICATIONS + KEY FOCUS AREAS
- Minimum of 12-15 years of experience in creative roles within the advertising industry, with extensive experience in digital marketing and social media with at least 7 years of experience as a Creative Director, managing 10 + direct reports.
- Portfolio showcasing award-winning conceptual thinking and execution, demonstrating expertise in creating engaging integrated campaigns.
- Ability to understand the social behind a brand, and contribute to both the visual expression and content of your teams’ ideas.
- Experience leading both art and copy members of a creative team, encouraging their professional growth, and delivering outstanding results.
- Experience in, but not limited to, the Brand, and CPG sectors. Entertainment is a plus
- Curious, growth-oriented leader passionate about embracing new technology, tools, approaches, and ideas in general to improve creative operations/processes and client work
- Encourage teams to work together and use their strengths to develop long-lasting solutions for creative ideas, day-to-day tasks, and challenges unique to our industry.
- Oversee and lead winning pitches for new and existing clients that showcase our Social-Centric approach and how that translates into breakthrough campaigns.
- Possess the capability to step in and manage large-scale production initiatives when necessary.
- Deliver thoughtful creative staffing recommendations to retainer and project scopes associated with new business and client renewals.
- Direct and guide creative teams to ensure a cohesive environment, nurture a positive culture, enhance capabilities, refine processes, and align expectations to support the agency’s overarching goals effectively.
- Project management and agency operations skills, coordinating budgets, resources, and diverse teams.
- Collaborate with planning and strategy in the development of creative or project briefs
- Always up-to-date social trends, comfortable evaluating the trends and assessing new data with the latest marketing techniques
- Strong content design skills including digital, motion, and videoProficiency with Adobe Creative SuiteProficiency with Motion, After Effects, Premiere, and AI tools like Midjourney and ChatGPT is a major plusStrong knowledge of emerging social platformsKnowledge of the full creative process including content creation and production Ability to oversee work from idea to execution and distribution
- Bachelor's degree preferred in advertising, marketing, or a related field.
- You possess a visionary outlook, always seeking opportunities for innovation and pushing creative boundaries within the digital and social space.
- You’re proactive and naturally curious about the digital and social space, proactively identifying opportunities to drive client success.
- You are passionate about the work you do and treat your client’s business as if it were your own
- You make others’ jobs easier (no matter who they are or what they do)
- You create a positive and open environment when around others
- Your attention to detail is unmatched, ensuring that creative outputs meet the highest quality standards and align with client objectives.
- You know how to work smarter, not harder.
- You have a diverse and inclusive perspective, valuing different viewpoints and backgrounds within the team.
BENEFITS & PERKS
Movement Strategy’s approach to the future of work: We embrace a remote culture and empower our employees to work wherever they feel most productive. To facilitate in-person collaboration, we have a partnership with WeWork which allows our employees to have a membership to any location nationwide. We recruit in our three main states of California, Colorado, and New York. We are open to recruiting candidates in these states: New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Texas, Arizona, Ohio, and Kansas.
As a leader in social advertising, we rely on the creativity of our people to deliver the best work for our clients. In return, we invest in our employees by offering them a diverse suite of benefits from best-in-class carriers, with enough choice and flexibility to keep our team and their families healthy and happy today and tomorrow.
- 100% employee contribution for health (base plan), vision, and dental
- 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance & AD&D
- Paid Parental Leave
- Fully-Remote Agency
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Take-As-You-Need Paid Time Off
- Take-As-You-Need Paid Mental Health Days
- 10 days minimum required off per year
- (11) Company Paid Holidays
- (3) Summer Fridays- Fully Off
- Week-Long Winter Agency Closure
- Support for continued education
- New Business Referral Bonus
- Health and Wellness Program
- WeWork Membership
- Positive Impact and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Committees
- Employee Resource Groups
SALARY & COMPENSATION
In compliance with local and state law, we are disclosing the compensation for roles that will be performed in New York City, Colorado, and California. The range listed is just one component of Movement Strategy’s total compensation package for employees. Individual compensation varies based on location, business needs, level of responsibility, experience, and qualifications. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards.
A successful applicant’s actual base salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, skill sets, years of relevant experience, qualifications, and certifications or other professional licenses held. Movement Strategy prides itself on providing competitive salaries and actively works to ensure there is pay equity across the company.
Pay Range: $175k-200k salary per year
Movement Strategy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they check every single box. Movement Strategy is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourages those from historically and systemically marginalized communities to apply.
We believe that what we put out into the world matters. And since we were founded on the principles of paving our own path, we take bold steps toward what we believe is the right direction. This means addressing the big stuff: the systems of inequality that impact some of us far more than others. As culture creators, we firmly believe we have a responsibility to our colleagues, clients, communities, and the industry to live up to the Movement’s name. We confront inequities head-on as they come, knowing that this work is never done and that we must keep the momentum.