Sr. Diversity, Equity + Inclusion Partner
Movement Strategy is looking for a Sr. Diversity, Equity + Inclusion Partner to oversee our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and Positive Impact initiatives. You will report to the Head of People + Culture and work closely with members of the Sr. Leadership team. The Sr. Diversity, Equity + Inclusion Partner will design creative programs through the employee life cycle to ensure a diverse workforce, equitable internal practices and a contribution to positive change within the advertising and creative community .
Movement Strategy is an independent social media agency. Now at its 12-year, with 140+ employees across offices, we produce groundbreaking content for partners including Netflix, Klarna, Amazon Prime Video, and Warner Bros.
- Create a vision of how DEI strategy connects directly to our business goals and what drivers influence business decisions, in collaboration with senior leaders (including c-suite).
- Create and execute innovative and scalable programs that result in a more diversified, equitable, and inclusive workforce.
- Liase with People & Culture Team to design and deliver comprehensive DEI solutions.
- Design, develop, and facilitate learning programs and deliver presentations to build awareness and leader competencies in DEI.
- Lead implementation and own overall management of our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) program with continued efforts to optimize the Groups for effectiveness.
- Establish benchmarks and metrics to ensure effectiveness of DEI programming.
- Secure and maintain relationships with external organizations and partners that align with our strategic goals.
- Lead and manage the Diversity Equity and Inclusion Committee and Positive Impact Team.
- Oversee programs with schools and organizations aimed at supporting underrepresented communities and our Movement Strategy Scholarship program.
- Serve as the DEI subject matter expert and partner by advising, coaching and guiding executive management and staff about DEI best practices and cultural competence.
- Create and moderate safe spaces for honest and effective dialogue around diversity and inclusion throughout the agency and 1 to 1 (includes conflict resolution).
- Maintain a strong awareness of global diversity issues and trends.
- Partner cross-functionally with all departments to elevate the company’s brand and global impact.
- Lead the creation and publication of Movements’s DEI Annual Report.
- 5-7 years of experience preferred, implementing Diversity, Equity and Inclusion strategies
- Proven track record of driving and implementing innovative diversity and inclusion initiatives with positive results
- Experience working in a fast-paced, highly cross-functional organization in the Advertising, Marketing or Tech space
- Experience collaborating with internal and external learning teams to assess and design compelling DEl education for all levels of the organization
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and ability to translate metrics, research, and trends into insights and strategy
- Demonstrated experience to work with business leaders to devise and implement tailored DEI strategies for specific departments
- Demonstrated ability to drive the execution of multi-stakeholder initiatives, providing direction when needed and removing obstacles as needed to get work done
- Thorough understanding of federal, state, and local equal employment opportunity laws and regulations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of HR practices and talent management processes
- Experience creating agency-wide communication plans
- Excellent Project Management skills
- You have the ability to influence without authority, think proactively and function independently
- You are passionate about the work you do
- You create a positive and open environment when around others
- You know how to motivate and inspire teams
- Your attention to detail is unmatched
- You have a diverse and inclusive perspective
- Your ability to create a safe, trust space is unmatched
- You can identify strengths in a group to appropriately delegate and project manage initiatives for completion
- You make others’ jobs easier (no matter who they are or what they do)
- You enjoy a good laugh with your colleagues
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Unlimited Work from Home (Post COVID)
- Anniversary Bonus Program
- 100% employer contribution for health, vision, and dental
- 401k plus discretionary match
- Paid Parental Leave
- Life insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- WeWork Membership
- Support for continued education
- Health and Wellness program
- Movement Journey – Stipend for continued education or personal growth
- Amazing colleagues!
SALARY & COMPENSATION
In compliance with local and state law, we are disclosing the compensation for roles that will be performed in New York City, Colorado, and California. The range listed is just one component of Movement Strategy’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards.
Pay Range: $100-115k salary per year
Movement Strategy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Movement, we believe that what we put out into the world matters. And since we were founded on the principles of paving our own path, we take bold steps towards what we believe is the right direction. This means addressing the big stuff: the systems of inequality that impact some of us far more than others. As culture creators, we firmly believe we have a responsibility to our colleagues, clients, communities, and the industry to live up to the Movement name. We confront inequities head-on as they come, knowing that this work is never done and that we must keep the momentum.