Community Manager - Entertainment
Position: Contract [Remote]
Movement Strategy is an independent social media agency. Now at its 15-year, with 145+ employees across offices, we produce groundbreaking content for partners including Netflix, Klarna, Amazon Prime Video, and Warner Bros.
Movement Strategy is seeking a part-time Community Manager (Saturday - Tuesday) to facilitate engagement on brand accounts across social media. You’ll work closely with copywriters and content strategists to ideate and write responses from our main brand accounts to community members and brand stakeholders.
Ideal candidates will have 3-5 years writing experience, plus a passion for the digital and social media space. We are looking for someone with experience helping to bring a brand voice and tone to life through two-way social dialogue, as well as the ability to monitor social listening and spot relevant news or trends in the community.
KEY FOCUS AREAS:
— Community Management: You're observant, clever, and you have something additive to say that is going to get people to click that "like" button. You stay on-brand tonally in your responses to comments on our page and external comments on other external tiktok fyps.You are closely in tune with the overall social conversation, and can quickly identify trends, and engagement opportunities to insert the brand in.
— Creative Writing: You understand a brand’s voice, especially how to adopt this into the social vernacular. Perhaps more important, you handle revisions and direction from your supervisor positively and efficiently. You understand the guardrails and how to stay brand safe, while also being thoroughly invested in social and understanding the culture and ecosystem of each platform.
— Team Communication: You’ll be confident and comfortable interacting with both your internal teams and Clients on a regular basis. Often, you’ll be called upon to explain the insight behind your work and help others understand the overall strategy of the content/activations you manage, and how to make it better.
— Crafting and Sharing Learnings: You are excited to dig into the data and identify learnings and insights that will help the greater team develop new content formats and ways of reaching audiences through community management.
- Proven writing skills (technical and creative)
- Strong organizational skills (manage multiple channels and global/local market content calendars)
- Well-versed and up to speed in the latest social media technologies, platforms, services and analytics tools.
- Strong collaborator across internal and client teams
- Quick with feedback and revisions
- Keen with accuracy and proofreading
- Can handle multiple work streams and points of contact with ease
- 3+ years experience working on branded social media and managing social media content for brand/owned channels, agency setting preferred
- A creative background (no formal requirements -- we’re open to hearing your story)
- Expert knowledge with all current social platforms
- Experience with social listening and publishing tools
- Impeccable writing, public speaking and overall communication skills. This will entail copywriting, client communications and reporting (collect and keep track of engagement data for comments, innovate on our CM strategy and learn from data, etc.)
- Content and editorial expert
- Passionate and knowledgeable about film, the entertainment industry, pop-culture, and relevant markets
- On top of the latest industry trends, breakthrough creative campaigns, emerging technologies, pop culture and current events. Bring forward opportunistic ideas proactively to take advantage of these trends in real-time.
- Strategic thinker at the core with the ability to identify an insight and turn it into a sound strategic recommendation
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills; and understand what is working and how we can make things better
- Proficient in Keynote, G-suite and all social platforms
- Must be self-motivated and a master multi-tasker who crushes day-to-day interactions but understands and takes action on road-mapping and planning ahead
- Ability to prepare client-ready documents and liaise with clients and brand agency partners
- You’re proactive and naturally curious about the digital space, constantly looking for opportunities
- You are passionate about the work you do and treat your client’s business as if it were your own
- You make others’ jobs easier (no matter who they are or what they do)
- You create a positive and open environment when around others
- Your attention to detail is unmatched
- You’re the hardest worker in town
- You know how to hustle
- You have a diverse and inclusive perspective
SALARY & COMPENSATION
In compliance with local and state law, we are disclosing the compensation for roles that will be performed in New York City, Colorado, and California. The range listed is just one component of Movement Strategy’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards
Hourly Range: $20-30 per hour
Movement Strategy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Movement, we believe that what we put out into the world matters. And since we were founded on the principles of paving our own path, we take bold steps towards what we believe is the right direction. This means addressing the big stuff: the systems of inequality that impact some of us far more than others. As culture creators, we firmly believe we have a responsibility to our colleagues, clients, communities, and the industry to live up to the Movement name. We confront inequities head-on as they come, knowing that this work is never done and that we must keep the momentum.