VP, Head of Accounts
Position: Full Time | LA, DEN, NYC
Movement Strategy is looking for a new VP, Head of Accounts. If you’re a seasoned account leader with 15+ years of account management experience and a proven track record of successfully leading teams and managing and growing large-scale global accounts, keep reading!
Movement Strategy is an independent social media agency. Now in our 15th year, with 140+ employees, we produce groundbreaking content for partners like Amazon, Warner Bros, Paramount, Bravo and Intuit.
Our ideal candidate is well-versed in building and leading first-class client teams, particularly within a digital agency environment, and driving business development and big picture thinking at every turn. They have experience leading an agency’s account management department and provide visionary leadership for both internal teams and clients.
The VP, Head of Accounts is responsible for leading and managing the agency’s 12-person account team. This team consists of Group Account Directors, Account Directors, Associate Account Directors and Account Supervisors. The VP, Head of Accounts is also responsible for developing relationships with executive-level clients, leading contract and budget negotiations and navigating complex conversations from a high-level leadership perspective. Ultimately, the VP, Head of Accounts and the account department are responsible for maintaining and growing client relationships and business through strong communication and partnership.
— Vision & Leadership: Communicates a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose; makes the vision shareable by everyone; can inspire and motivate entire teams, business units, or organizations.
— Organizational Agility: Knowledgeable about how organizations work; gets things done both through formal and informal channels; effectively maneuvers through complex situations.
— Problem Solving: Learn quickly when facing new problems and experiments in an effort to find winning solutions. Anticipates future consequences and opportunities accurately; recognizes and seizes strategic opportunities for change.
— Drive for Results: Pursues everything with energy and relentless drive. Is not easily frustrated or discouraged, even in the face of resistance or setbacks; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- 15+ years of experience managing and growing large-scale client business and global brand portfolios, primarily within a digital agency environment.
- 8+ years of experience managing at least 4 direct reports.
- Proven track record of strong client relationships and leadership.
- Skilled at pitching and winning new business.
- Experience leading all client engagements; providing strategic guidance, thought leadership, integrated plans, staffing solutions, revenue forecasts, and oversight of all day-to-day account management operations.
- Experience leading all aspects of account planning across multiple clients and industries.
- Embody the ‘lead by example’ approach–constantly inspiring and motivating cross-functional teams to produce outstanding work. More importantly, you need to be a person that people want to work with and learn from.
- Strategic thinker at the core, supported by strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Maintain high standards and impeccable attention to detail across internal and external deliverables.
- On top of the latest industry trends, breakthrough creative campaigns, and emerging technologies.
- You are steady and even-keeled, even when faced with unexpected situations.
- You see others success as your own success, both your team and your clients
- You’re proactive and naturally curious about the digital space
- You are passionate and treat your client’s business as if it were your own
- You make others’ jobs easier (no matter who they are or what they do)
- You create a positive and open environment when around others
- Your attention to detail is unmatched
- You have a diverse and inclusive perspective
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Unlimited Work from Home (Post COVID)
- Anniversary Bonus Program
- 100% employer contribution for health, vision, and dental
- 401k plus discretionary match
- Paid Parental Leave
- Life insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- WeWork Membership
- Support for continued education
- Health and Wellness program
- Movement Journey – Stipend for continued education or personal growth
- Amazing colleagues!
SALARY & COMPENSATION
In compliance with local and state law, we are disclosing the compensation for roles that will be performed in New York City, Colorado, and California. The range listed is just one component of Movement Strategy’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards
Pay Range: $210,000 - $235,000
Movement Strategy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Movement, we believe that what we put out into the world matters. And since we were founded on the principles of paving our own path, we take bold steps towards what we believe is the right direction. This means addressing the big stuff: the systems of inequality that impact some of us far more than others. As culture creators, we firmly believe we have a responsibility to our colleagues, clients, communities, and the industry to live up to the Movement name. We confront inequities head-on as they come, knowing that this work is never done and that we must keep the momentum.