Vice President, Head of Strategy | NYC, LA, Denver
Position: Full Time
Movement Strategy is looking for a Vice President, Head of Strategy to join the Movement team. The Vice President, Head of Strategy is a highly effective strategic leader, who is able to build and grow teams, oversee all aspects of client strategy work, develop new strategic frameworks and methodologies, and execute flawlessly. If you have 17yrs+ experience, and a proven track record of successfully managing and growing strategy teams, keep reading!
Movement Strategy is an independent social media agency. Now in its 14th year, with 130+ employees across offices, we produce groundbreaking content for partners including Netflix, Klarna, Amazon Prime Video, and Warner Bros.
Our ideal candidate is well-versed in building and leading all strategic deliverables, at the global level, including brand planning, comms planning, consumer journey mapping, and all things social strategy in between–particularly within a digital agency environment. We’re looking for someone to drive global strategy development, especially in the Web3 space, and big picture thinking at every turn to be a strong partner for our clients and internal teams. They bring their A-game every day and are always one-step ahead of everyone else, contributing to a growing agency as a valued thought-leader within the organization.
— Managing Vision & Purpose: Communicates a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose; makes the vision shareable by everyone; can inspire and motivate entire teams, business units, or organizations.
— Organizational Agility: Knowledgeable about how organizations work; gets things done both through formal and informal channels; effectively maneuvers through complex political situations.
— Strategic Agility & Innovation: Learns quickly when facing new problems; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks.
— Building Effective Teams: Builds cohesive teams of people within the organization; shares wins and success such that each team member feels valuable and appreciated; guides teams to establish and achieve goals.
— Decision Quality & Problem Solving: Uses analysis, wisdom, experience, and logical methods to make good decisions and solve difficult problems with effective solutions; appropriately incorporates multiple inputs to establish shared ownership and effective action.
— Drive for Results: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; does not give up before finishing, even in the face of resistance or setbacks; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- At least 17yrs+ experience developing and managing large-scale global client social marketing strategies, working across a variety of global brand portfolios, primarily within a digital agency environment.
- Holds senior-level client relationships, interacts with Executives and C-Suite.
- Leads the development of proprietary strategy methodologies and frameworks and works closely with Head of Data & Insights to implement.
- Elevates the craft of Strategy at the agency.
- Sets the department strategic vision and annual goals.
- Contributes to annual strategic planning for top tier clients.
- Plays a lead role in high-profile client projects; big campaign activations, strategy development/execution and insight development.
- Responsible for overall internal team development and staffing allocations across clients, including managing billability targets across the department.
- Develops white paper thought leadership articles.
- Plays a lead role in new business development.
- On top of changing market trends, competitive news, and consumer behavioral shifts; applies learnings and insights to client business.
- Experienced and passionate about the Web3 space.
- Embody the ‘lead by example’ approach–constantly inspiring and motivating cross-functional teams to produce outstanding work. More importantly, you need to be a person that people want to work with and learn from.
- Strategic thinker at the core, supported by strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Maintain high standards and impeccable attention to detail across internal and external deliverables.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
- You have a strong interest/passion to grow the team, discipline, and agency
- You have a strong ability to motivate, manage and mentor the Strategy team
- You create a positive and open environment when around others
- Your attention to detail is unmatched
- You have a diverse and inclusive perspective
- 100% employer contribution for health, vision, and dental
- 401k plus discretionary match
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Unlimited Work from Home (Post COVID)
- Life insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Anniversary Bonus Program
- FSA - Flexible Spending Account
- Support for continued education
- Health and Wellness program
- Commuter benefits (NYC)
- Movement Journey – Stipend for continued education or personal growth
- Amazing colleagues!
Movement Strategy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Movement, we believe that what we put out into the world matters. And since we were founded on the principles of paving our own path, we take bold steps towards what we believe is the right direction. This means addressing the big stuff: the systems of inequality that impact some of us far more than others. As culture creators, we firmly believe we have a responsibility to our colleagues, clients, communities, and the industry to live up to the Movement name. We confront inequities head-on as they come, knowing that this work is never done and that we must keep the momentum.