Junior Data Strategist (NYC/LA/DEN)
Position: Full time
We’re in search of a Junior Data Strategist to join our Data & Insights team. The right fit will have a strong interest in social media, social listening, data, and analytics, as well as curiosity to dig deeper to understand the why behind data trends and numbers.
You’d be reporting to the VP, Head of Data + Insights and joining a team to support and share insights across accounts. You will have an opportunity to work with different members of the Data + Insights team to provide data support and learn about the various types of work we do, ranging from reporting, to measurement planning, social listening, and audience research.
We work with leading brands that span across a variety of industries and global markets. Delivering business results through bespoke creative and unexpected collaborations, rooted in strategy and data, is what drives our continued success. We believe in true partnership, team collaboration, non-stop hustle, and a good whiteboard session. We take great pride in a company culture grounded in the entrepreneurial spirit and personal growth. We’re a group of passionate creative thinkers here, with a point of view and fresh perspective. Come join us!
Movement Strategy is an independent social media agency. Now at its 13-year, with 125+ employees across offices, we produce groundbreaking content for partners including Netflix, Klarna, Amazon Prime Video, and Warner Bros.
- Builds and owns the data backbone for reporting, including pulling data from various platforms, organizing the data, calculating metrics, and creating tables to facilitate insights development for reporting
- Provides support to the Data +Insights team across a variety of accounts
- Thinks strategically about how data is presented, not just resting on a “report” but always thinking about and providing the most impactful presentation of data, no matter what that looks like
- Help define successful KPIs, monitor and evolve KPIs based on the evolving landscape and client goals
- Pushes to make everything better: yourself, your reporting, our relationships with clients and the work we’re producing
- Up to 1 year experience in social media data analysis within an agency environment or entertainment company (ex: TV network or studio)
- Strategic thinker at the core with the ability to identify insights and build compelling stories from data
- Strong interest and curiosity in data and uncovering the why behind how content performs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Maintain high standards and impeccable attention to detail across internal and external deliverables
- On top of the latest industry trends, breakthrough creative campaigns, and emerging technologies
- Basic understanding of social media measurement platforms and native analytics is a plus: ListenFirst, Netbase, DashHudson, Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, Facebook Business Manager/Power Editor, Twitter Insights, Instagram Insights YouTube Creator Studio, GlobalWebIndex, RivalIQ
- You’re proactive and naturally curious about the digital space, constantly looking for opportunities
- You are passionate about the work you do and treat your client’s business as if it were your own
- You make others’ jobs easier (no matter who they are or what they do)
- You create a positive and open environment when around others
- Your attention to detail is unmatched
- You’re the hardest worker in town
- You know how to hustle
- You have a diverse and inclusive perspective
- 100% employer contribution for health, vision and dental
- 401k plus discretionary match
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Unlimited Work from Home (Post COVID)
- Life insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Anniversary Bonus Program
- FSA - Flexible Spending Account
- Support for continued education
- Health and Wellness program
- Commuter benefits (NYC)
- Movement Journey – Stipend for continued education or personal growth
- Amazing colleagues!
Movement Strategy is an Equal Opportunity Employer