Engagement Specialist [LA]
Movement Strategy is an independent social media agency. Now at its 12-year, with 100+ employees across offices, we produce groundbreaking content for partners including Netflix, Klarna, Amazon Prime Video, Warner Bros., and Rice Select.
Engagement Specialists (Social Media Specialist) are our resident trendspotters. They monitor our social communities, thematic groups/channels/subreddits, and follow insider sources to keep our teams up-to-date with the latest and greatest happenings in key areas of opportunity. They provide the consistent fuel to our creative and engagement teams that help us deliver best in class content – be that pre-planned or real-time. Anecdotally, they are the folks on the floor of the stock exchange telling us to “BUY, BUY, BUY!” or “SELL, SELL, SELL!” – but with trends and awesome opportunities for our brands to engage with.
For this particular role, we are looking for someone to work on a food-focused account of ours. This person would ideally be a foodie who lives and breathes the lifestyle. Imagine getting paid to browse r/FoodPorn all day! Does this sound right up your alley?
Movement Strategy is on the hunt for someone with 1-2 years of experience in social media, working across day-to-day content planning and publishing management. We're looking for a well-organized, positive rock star that can work with internal and external teams to help funnel up real-time opportunities, grow our brand communities, address individual client needs, and consistently monitor and identify ways to increase overall brand engagement and account growth.
Besides being hardcore food lovers, applicants must be interested in several things for this role. First and foremost, you’re enthralled within the digital-social environment. Second, you constantly think of ways people and brands can connect with one another. Third, you’re looking for a home that fosters these characteristics and allows you to grow.
— Community Management: you seek to provide value to individuals in the most natural way possible. This translates into management of content posting and strategic community interactions, in addition to specific customer service inquiries and questions. You are closely in tune with the overall social conversation, brand voice and tone, and can quickly identify trends, and engagement opportunities to insert the brand in.
— Editorial Content Creation: You have experience in creating and managing social media content calendars for large global brands. This includes everything from planning key dates and strategic moments, to sourcing images for individual pieces of content. It requires strong communication, close collaboration with the creative and engagement team members, personal creativity, and organization to own these calendars efficiently and effectively.
— Creative Writing: you understand a brand’s voice, especially how to adopt this into the social vernacular. Perhaps more important, you handle revisions and direction from your supervisor positively and efficiently.
— Team Communication: you’ll be confident and comfortable interacting with your internal teams on a regular basis. Often, you’ll be called upon to explain the insight behind your work and help others understand the overall strategy of the content/activations you’re proposing.
- Strong organizational skills (manage multiple channels and global/local market content calendars)
- Well-versed and up to speed in the latest social media technologies, platforms, and services.
- Familiarity with posting, scheduling, and creating content.
- Impeccable writing (technical and creative) and overall communication skills.
- Strong collaborator across internal and client teams
- Quick with feedback and revisions
- Keen with accuracy and proofreading
- Can handle multiple work streams and points of contact with ease
- 1-2 years experience creating and managing social media content for brand/owned channels, agency setting preferred
- A creative background (no formal requirements -- we’re open to hearing your story)
- Experience with social listening and publishing tools is a plus
- You’re proactive and naturally curious about the digital space, constantly looking for opportunities
- You are passionate about the work you do and treat your client’s business as if it were your own
- You make others’ jobs easier (no matter who they are or what they do)
- You create a positive and open environment when around others
- Your attention to detail is unmatched
- You’re the hardest smartest worker in town
- You know how to hustle
- You have a diverse and inclusive perspective
- 100% employer contribution for health, vision and dental
- 401k plus discretionary match
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Unlimited Work from Home (Post COVID)
- Life insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Anniversary Bonus Program
- FSA - Flexible Spending Account
- Support for continued education
- Health and Wellness program
- Commuter benefits (NYC)
- Movement Journey – Stipend for continued education or personal growth
- Amazing colleagues!
Movement Strategy is an Equal Opportunity Employer