Staff Accountant, NYC
Position: Full Time, NYC (Remote)
Movement Strategy is an independent social media agency. Now at its 12-year, with 85+ employees across offices, we produce groundbreaking content for partners including Netflix, Klarna, Amazon Prime Video, Warner Bros., and Under Armour.
We are looking for a Staff Accountant to join our Finance team who will play an integral role in the day-to-day financial operations of the agency. The person in this position will report to the Accounting Manager and will be responsible for preparing and analyzing financial reconciliations, processing daily transactions (including PO’s payments, F/X gain & loss, etc.), working closely with the VP of Finance and Operations to complete month end transactions for monthly closes, and performing daily accounting activities as detailed below.
KEY FOCUS AREAS
- Assist with month-end and year-end close responsibilities including G/L account reconciliations, fixed asset recording and reporting
- Assist with the G/L coding of agency operation invoices to ensure the accurate recording of expenses to the proper G/L account and department/client budget
- Perform client billing, related accounts payable functions, and reporting primarily to learn the inner workings of the agency and its software systems in order to solve problems, answer inquiries and pull additional data for custom reporting as needed.
- Learn and use software systems and technology to streamline manual processes, customize reporting, recommend and implement process improvements.
- Miscellaneous administrative tasks including but not limited to annual surveys, license renewals, registrations, tax filings, insurance renewals and creating budget templates.
- Maintain 1099 management by reviewing and processing invoices and statements and process for freelancers
- A bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting is preferred, 1-2+ years of experience in Finance. While focused primarily on Accounting, ultimately, the position requires a fundamental understanding of financial concepts like forecasting, planning, budgeting, cost reduction, and P&L management.
- Advanced knowledge in Excel, bonus points for Google Suite (Sheets, Connected Sheets, Expensify, QuickBooks and Netsuite)
- Working knowledge of data structure and relational databases
- You have experience with Excel/Smart View
- You are experienced with debits/credits, income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow
- You have strong interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively and build relationships across all levels of management
- You are known for being detail-oriented, deliverable focused, and well-organized
- Must be self-motivated, proactive, organized and thrive in a fast-paced, creative environment with tight deadlines
- Should have exceptional communication skills, attention to detail, patience and great overall attitude
- Proficient with project & time management software (i.e. Asana, Harvest, Toggl, BaseCamp, Dropbox, Trello, etc.)
- Proficient in Apple/Google/Microsoft tools
- Public Accounting Firm or Agency Experience
- Have experience in vendor negotiation
- Have a passion for problem solving and teamwork
- Are comfortable with managing large budgets and multiple documents at a time
- Are a good mix of curious, driven, responsible, and accountable, and believe in delivering quality work
- Are trustworthy, and can work professionally with highly sensitive and confidential information
- Are a strong communicator (both written and conversationally), collaborator and negotiator — we work with cross-functional teams and clients
- Love details and have interesting organizational tricks for keeping track of them
- Are a multitasker and nimble worker by nature — we move at the pace of culture and no day is the same as the last, but we do have some agency guardrails to respect
- 100% employer contribution for health, vision and dental
- 401k plus discretionary match
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Unlimited Work from Home (Post COVID)
- Life insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Anniversary Bonus Program
- FSA - Flexible Spending Account
- Support for continued education
- Health and Wellness program
- Commuter benefits (NYC)
- Movement Journey – Stipend for continued education or personal growth
- Amazing colleagues!
Movement Strategy is an Equal Opportunity Employer