Position: Los Angeles
Movement Strategy is looking for a creative and driven Video Editor with 3+ years of experience to help deliver groundbreaking ideas, best-in-class social and digital executions and a passion for the advertising, storytelling and the future of social media – especially via video content.
We work closely with several leading brands that span across a variety of industries and global markets. We believe that the best creative ideas are equally strategic and our continued success has been in staying ahead of a changing landscape, delivering real business results, and always pushing for more with bespoke creative and unexpected collaborations. We believe in true partnership, team collaboration, and a good whiteboard session. We take great pride in a company culture grounded in the entrepreneurial spirit and personal growth. Here at Movement Strategy, we’re a group of passionate creative thinkers, with a unique point of view and fresh perspective.
The Video Editor’s primary responsibility will be selecting and assembling video and audio materials to build a strong narrative for agency/Client branded content. This material may consist of pre-edited video clips, raw camera footage, graphics and sound. The type of content edited will range from short and long form. (Platforms include: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, TikTok). In addition to your execution-focused tasks, you’ll join and contribute to brainstorms and presentations, while maintaining a holistic understanding of the creative goals of the accounts you’re assigned to. This is a hands-on role suited for someone excited to additionally tackle tasks with aspects of art direction, design, production, and project management.
As the video editor, you will report directly to the Creative Director and Sr. Art Director. You will also be responsible for adhering to a streamlined process and workflow for all video content for clients and internal projects. The editor will have a strong wealth of knowledge when it comes to the technical side of video production (i.e. how to use post production equipment; and to be a post consultant for large scale shoots). The editor will work within several editing programs such as but not limited to Premiere Pro and After Effects.
- Professional experience in a high volume, high production operations environment
- Proficiency in Premiere Pro, Motion, After effects, Photoshop, Illustrator
- At least 3-5 years of editing experience
- Thorough understanding of social media best practices, platforms, and evolving technical specs and aspect ratios
- Ability to manage workflow and deadlines for multiple projects simultaneously
What a day at Movement Strategy as a video editor may consist of:
- Making videos (supercuts, gifs, compilations, title & end cards) for an entertainment brand’s social pages.
- Adding subtitles to videos and static images when needed.
- Creating thumbnails
- Brainstorming with the creative team on various projects
- Creating motion graphics for an Instagram Story series
- Ideating strategic solves for reactive content
- Helping the agency with a case study video submission
- Consistent QA + QC practices for seamless final delivery
- Uphold established technical post-production workflows within production, creative, design and strive to evolve this process for the better
- Will track progress and manage the delivery of all assets created and will follow up on outstanding deliverables, and organize, maintain duplicate copies and versioning of assets across multiple accounts and spaces (Dropbox, Box, etc.)
- Will provide thoughtful advice and expertise on potential risks and issues in a wide range of asset management areas, including potential vendors, archival solutions and new technologies.
- Work within brand style guides and provide creative solutions to maintain look & feel
- Create templates/cheat sheets that the team will follow when creating content
- Provide extensive expertise in social video production.
- Basic motion graphics knowledge is ideal.
- 100% employer contribution for health, vision, and dental
- 401k plus discretionary match
- Paid vacation and sick
- Life insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Support for continued education
- Commuter benefits (NYC)
- Anniversary bonus
- Flexible Spending Account
- Movement Journey – Stipend for continued education or personal growth
- Amazing colleagues!
Movement Strategy is an Equal Opportunity Employer