Associate Account Director
Position: LA, or DEN
Movement Strategy is looking for an Associate Account Director to join the team in our LA office. At Movement Strategy, we believe our Client Services team should also be our strategic leaders, which is why we created the Business Strategy department. The Associate Account Director, Business Strategy is a highly strategic leader, who is able to develop a brand strategy, nurture, and grow client relationships and guide a team to execute flawlessly.
We’re an independent social-led creative agency with a focus on digital marketing initiatives through the combined use of strategic creative and deep knowledge of the latest social features, tools, and digital trends. Now at its 12-year tenure, Movement produces groundbreaking work for partners including Under Armour, WarnerMedia., Netflix, and TruTV.
Our ideal candidate is well-versed in building and leading first-class client teams, particularly within a digital agency environment, driving strategy development, and big picture thinking at every turn. They bring their A-game every day and are always one step ahead of everyone else.
The Associate Account Director, Business Strategy is responsible for being a senior-level strategic partner for our clients, earning their trust, and building mutually-beneficial long-term relationships. We’re looking for a passionate, results-driven professional to contribute to a growing agency as a valued thought-leader within the organization.
Managing Vision & Purpose: Communicates a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose; makes the vision shareable by everyone; can inspire and motivate entire teams, business units, or organizations.
Organizational Agility: Knowledgeable about how organizations work; gets things done both through formal and informal channels; effectively maneuvers through complex political situations.
Strategic Agility & Innovation: Learns quickly when facing new problems; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks.
Management: Anticipates future consequences and trends accurately; brings creative ideas to market; recognizes strategic opportunities for change; creates competitive and breakthrough strategies.
Drive for Results: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; does not give up before finishing, even in the face of resistance or setbacks; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- At least 6+ yrs experience managing and growing large-scale client business and global brand portfolios, particularly in the entertainment category, within a digital agency environment.
- Comfortable interacting with clients at the Executive level.
- Track record of strong client relationships and client management and leadership.
- Successful track record of pitching and winning new business.
- Experience leading all client engagements; providing strategic guidance, thought leadership, integrated plans, staffing solutions, revenue forecasts, and oversight of all day-to-day operations.
- Experience leading all aspects of account planning and digital strategy development across multiple clients and industries.
- Embody the ‘lead by example’ approach–constantly inspiring and motivating cross-functional teams to produce outstanding work. More importantly, you need to be a person that people want to work with and learn from.
- Work closely with, and support, the Group Director of Business Strategy to uphold department vision, aid in new business as assigned, and work in a collaborative and creative manner with all employees.
- Comfortable is leading multiple clients in different categories.
- Strategic thinker at the core, supported by strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Maintain high standards and impeccable attention to detail across internal and external deliverables.
- On top of the latest industry trends, breakthrough creative campaigns, and emerging technologies.
- Natural born Hustler–proven self-starter with the drive to succeed in a fast-paced agency environment.
- Proactive and naturally curious about the digital space, constantly looking for opportunities.
- Passionate about the work you do, always treating the client’s business as if it were your own.
- A positive thinker whose optimistic outlook is contagious to everyone around them, clients included.
- You have a diverse and inclusive perspective
- 100% employer contribution to health, vision, and dental
- 401k plus match
- Paid vacation and sick
- Life insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Support for continued education
- Movement Journey – Stipend for continued education or personal growth
- Amazing colleagues!
Movement Strategy is an Equal Opportunity Employer