Associate Director, Data + Insights
Position: Full Time
We’re in search of an Associate Director, Data +Insights to join any of our three offices: Denver, Los Angeles or NYC. The right fit will be a leader with deep experience in social, a strong communicator in internal and client-facing capacities, and most importantly, able to craft stories using data that lead to strategic insights that truly impact the business of high-profile clientele.
You’ll be an excellent fit if you’re able to lead team members as well as lead cross-department initiatives, you understand (and have strong opinions on) the best metrics for evaluating social success (you’re able to be honest and tactically deliver social misses), and you’re not afraid to dive into the work of down-and-dirty data evaluation. On any given day you might be working with the creative team (communicating optimizations to make the work better); the business strategy team (working closely to use data to shape brand strategy); the project management team (leading data-driven projects) and the internal leadership team (helping to shape the department moving forward). What will be a constant is leading both ongoing reporting and strategic thinking for the agency.
You’d be reporting to the Head of Data and Insights and joining a team that includes Social Data Strategists and Social Data Analysts to support and share insights across accounts and responsibilities. You’d also be working extremely closely with a world-class paid media team to analyze the paid media impact on every brand we work with.
We work closely with leading brands that span across a variety of industries and global markets. Delivering business results through bespoke creative and unexpected collaborations, rooted in strategy and data, is what drives our continued success. We believe in true partnership, team collaboration, non-stop hustle, and a good whiteboard session. We take great pride in a company culture grounded in the entrepreneurial spirit and personal growth. We’re a group of passionate creative thinkers here, with a point of view and fresh perspective.
- Leads and mentors team members to continually improve upon data analysis approaches and strategic implications
- Client-facing and takes ownership of client accounts, acting as the data + insights lead on accounts, with full knowledge of all the ins and outs from understanding the client's overarching objectives, to the content we create and how they perform.
- Grows and strengthens client relationships by thinking about long term success for the client and becoming a trusted advisor and resource on all things related to Data +Insights
- Managing client expectations, including deliverables prioritization and ensuring client needs are addressed within scoped hours
- Develops measurement frameworks for clients to guide ongoing reporting and analysis deliverables
- Organizes and prioritizes projects and clients to deliver stellar work as quickly as possible (and makes sure to carve out the time and energy to make the best possible work – even if that means managing up to agency leaders and clients)
- Critically analyzes the unique consumer, cultural implications, client categories and the companies we’re working with through quantitative and qualitative measures
- Knows current and emerging digital platforms better than everyone else you know, including best practices and trends that are integrated into strategic recommendations and reports
- Creates work that distills multiple sources of information into a cohesive story; works closely with all departments and generates/provides insight to all team members
- Thinks strategically about how data is presented, not just resting on a “report” but always thinking about and providing the most impactful presentation of data, no matter what that looks like
- Pushes to make everything better: yourself, your reporting, our relationships with clients and the work we’re producing
- At least 8 years in performance marketing, digital, and/or social media data analysis within an agency environment. Experience working with creatives is a plus.
- Must be a leader – able to persuade, manage, and mentor across multiple experience levels
- Ability to take a broad business question and translate it into a solvable research question that is addressed with a clear research/analytics methodology and approach
- An analytical mindset, with the curiosity to dive deep into the data to find answers to answer the “why” behind results we are seeing.
- Ability to develop directional conclusions when data sets are limited and effectively communicate caveats
- Experience using analytical and statistical techniques: hypothesis development, designing tests/experiments, correlation analysis, forecasting, analyzing data, drawing conclusions, and developing applicable recommendations
- Ability to create and present client-facing work ranging from hands-on clientele to high-level C-suite
- Strategic thinker at the core with the ability to identify insights and build compelling stories from data
- Strategic thinker with experience creating a compelling story from the data in each presentation, incorporate inputs from various departments, as well as presenting internally and to senior-level clients
- Deep experience in all social/digital data sources across paid, owned, and earned media (social listening, site analytics, business intelligence software, syndicated consumer research systems, native platform insights and third-party social analysis tools)
- Must be able to utilize current tools as well as drive recommendations for supplemental/replacement tools that will drive agency capabilities forward
- Hands-on and recent experience with data tool stack in each of the following categories:
- Social listening (at least one of the following: Netbase, Brandwatch, Crimson Hexagon, etc.)
- Site analytics (at least one of the following: Google Analytics, Adobe Catalyst, app analytics, etc.)
- Native social analytics (all of the following: Facebook Insights, Facebook Business Manager, Twitter Insights, Instagram Insights/Iconosquare or similar, etc.)
- Data aggregation/visualization (at least one of the following: Sprinklr, Domo, Datorama, Tableau etc.)
- Competitor trackers (at least one of the following: RivalIQ, Social Bakers, etc.)
- Syndicated audience research (at least one of the following: MRI, Simmons, GlobalWebIndex)
- Must be able to create measurement plans from scratch, including KPI definition, benchmarking, goal setting/forecasting and lead ongoing reporting, ensuring understanding and application of optimizations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Maintain high standards and impeccable attention to detail across internal and external deliverables
- On top of the latest industry trends, breakthrough creative campaigns, and emerging technologies
- You’re proactive and naturally curious about the digital space, constantly looking for opportunities
- You are passionate about the work you do and treat your client’s business as if it were your own
- You make others’ jobs easier (no matter who they are or what they do)
- You create a positive and open environment when around others
- Your attention to detail is unmatched
- You’re the hardest worker in town
- You know how to hustle
- You have a diverse and inclusive perspective
- 100% employer contribution for health, vision and dental
- 401k plus discretionary match
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Unlimited Work from Home (Post COVID)
- Life insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Anniversary Bonus Program
- FSA - Flexible Spending Account
- Support for continued education
- Health and Wellness program
- Commuter benefits (NYC)
- Movement Journey – Stipend for continued education or personal growth
- Amazing colleagues!
Movement Strategy is an Equal Opportunity Employer