Topia is racing to reimagine the global mobility market’s product experience. We are looking for a front-end engineer to join our design team and help our next generation product experience come to life. Over the coming year, we will ship a new product suite, built using a modern component based front-end. This role is integral to delivering best-in-class experiences in a market that is hungry for innovation, and will help lay the foundation for Topia’s engineering success in the future.
You can view the current component library at topia.design, and we look forward to hearing your thoughts on how you’ll help us take it to the next level.
About the Role
- Work closely with UI and UX designers to define and refine the product experience through design sessions and prototyping. This requires iterating on animations and interactions with a focus on delivering the perfect experience
- Manage, develop, and own Topia’s design component library
- Develop processes to make sure Topia’s developers and teams are able to build and maintain each product
- Develop norms and processes to ensure a unified, high quality user experience across devices and products
- Define the front-end development stack with collaboration from other full-stack developers
Desired Skills and Experience
- You have a deep interest in shipping great user experiences, and thrive on getting the product details perfect
- You have shipped quality front-end components that are reused by others in your organization
- You thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- You excel in stakeholder management and delight in the success of internal product teams
- Familiar with our current technology stack (React, styled-components, TypeScript, Docker) but are willing to define what the right technology is moving forward
#react #typescript #styled-components #yarn-workspaces #monorepo #kubernetes #jest #cypress #reach-ui #testing-library #mapbox #leaflet #sketch #zeplin
About the Design Team
The design team works across each product at Topia, from our powerful suite of mobility management tools to our customer’s employee experience. We are charged with a mandate to deliver best in class experiences for our broad set of user personas.
Topia (formerly MOVE Guides, Polaris Global Mobility and Teleport), the global mobility management company, reduces barriers between people and places to enable employees to work from anywhere through its integrated suite of mobility solutions and services. Over 100 global companies rely on Topia’s technology and service platform for relocation and expatriate management, tax and payroll, and immigration data across more than 100 countries with maximum operational efficiency, employee satisfaction and engagement, and assured compliance.
Founded in 2012, Topia has raised over $90M from New Enterprise Associates and Notion Capital and operates headquarters in San Francisco, with 7 offices throughout the Americas, EMEA and APAC. Our R&D teams are located in Tallinn and Seattle. For more information, go to www.topia.com and follow Topia on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.