As Vice President of Product Management, you drive the success of Topia’s portfolio of Global Mobility Management software solutions and lead the Product Managers building them. You are accountable for the work of a team of Product Managers executing our product strategy by building Topia’s SaaS platform and a suite of applications on top of it.
You will work closely with your peers across functions: VP of Engineering and dedicated engineering teams to deliver the functionality, and head of Product Marketing and broader marketing organization to drive awareness and rapid adoption of our products by existing and new customers.
Reporting to the Chief Product Officer, you are part of the leadership of Topia's global Product Engineering organization, mostly located in Bellevue and Tallinn. This position is based in our San Francisco office, mostly to bridge communication with our go to market teams, and requires daily calls and frequent travel to effectively collaborate with your teams across continents and time zones. You need to be seriously comfortable with distributed teams.
- Product Team and Culture. On a VP level, the main output of your job is not just great software, it is great people building great software.
- Recruit, train, coach, motivate and lead Product Managers, Product Analysts, and various business domain experts
- Drive a strong product-building culture where the team understands the importance of continuous and rapid testing and experimentation, taking calculated risks, learning quickly and continuously innovating
- Drive the culture of provable success where all your product teams know and track key metrics and data to understand adoption and measure engagement.
- Ensure true collaboration between your team and designers and engineers.
- Product Strategy. You would be joining a company with a strong vision on where global talent mobility industry is heading, but you play a huge role in iterating on the practical strategy that will get us to that vision.
- Research and understand the global talent mobility market, the main players, their business models and Topia’s positioning
- Listen to existing and prospective customers, their employees and supply chain partners to thoroughly understand their problems and desires in their roles driving Talent Mobility programs
- Keep an eye on industry trends, competitors and potential partners to create opportunities for existing and new products
- Capture customer and partner requirements and channel them into the product teams for prioritization and delivery
- Own the roadmap consolidated across our product portfolio that measurably solves our customer's Global Mobility Management challenges, and brings Topia's "Work Everywhere" vision to life
- Build business cases to justify new investments and communicate this to a wide range of stakeholders (from teams of individual contributors to fellow executives and our board)
- Support the strategic architectural shifts in the platform in collaboration with VP Engineering and Software Architects
- Represent the Product Engineering organization and our strategic view in collaboration with other executives (CEO, CMO, SVP Sales), especially co-located in San Francisco
- Product performance. Your job is not about shipping new software features, but our software suite delivering the promised business results to our customers over time.
- Have the pulse on how your products are performing in the hands of customers and users, celebrate what works and know what does not -- and what will we have to do next to fix them
- Inspire and motivate the company and get everyone moving in the same direction by managing stakeholders well and drive internal and external product evangelism
- Be the go-to expert on modern forms of product planning, customer discovery, product discovery, and product development process
- Collaborate with VP Engineering to drive engineering team(s) and outsourcing partners to deliver high quality products on time
- Work tightly with Design, Customer Success, Sales, Services and Marketing teams to benefit from their expertise and knowledge in building our products.
- Coordinate go-to-market activities with Product Marketing, Services, Support and Sales teams
- 5+ years of leadership experience with more than three Product Managers as direct reports and/or accountability for long-term performance of more than three product teams on a B2B/Enterprise SaaS product
- 10+ years of hands on experience as a Product Manager, Product Analyst, Tech Lead or startup CEO earlier in your career
- Proven success in building and continuously improving agile product engineering organizations shipping cloud-based software
- Highly regarded as a partner by software engineers you've worked with before
- Experience with HRTech, HCM/HRIS, payment/financial or ERP applications is a plus
- Appreciation of specific expectations and nuances working with large Fortune 500 enterprise customers: security, privacy, compliance, integrations, legacy, policies, release cadence.
- Demonstrated ability to collect, consolidate, analyze and build strategies based on input from multiple sources (customers, market, partners, sales, engineering, analysts, competitors and management)
- Superior written and verbal communications skills, including the ability to listen carefully and to communicate effectively within a diverse environment
- Exceptional organization and planning skills, routine tolerance and attention to detail
- Resourceful, results-oriented in an ambiguous and fast-paced environment
- Self-starter and proven team player
- Demonstrated ability to work with distributed teams
- Masters degree or above, preferably in technical field