The Global Tax Analyst is an internal technical domain expert role on our global tax engine software product team providing expertise to support the quality, delivery and compliance of our tax technology. The Global Tax Analyst is responsible for gathering technical tax requirements, updating and testing Topia Plan, our end-to-end global mobility cost estimator tool, delivery of internal tax documentation, and resolving tax engine-related customer queries.
- Build and maintain deep understanding of Topia’s tax engine, calculation approach, configuration options and capabilities
- Gather and assess income and social rates, treaty agreements and country specific requirements for all Topia supported locations.
- Update tax engine rates and logic as required by country regulations
- Resolve tax technical issues related to implementation and production environments of Topia software suite and other related technologies
- Support customer training (UAT, Go Live, ad hoc training sessions)
- Work closely with the sales, customer success, implementation, and project management teams in the overall delivery of solutions
- Work comfortably with product engineering colleagues split between Bellevue, Washington and Tallinn, Estonia
- Contribute to enhancements of our internal and external tax documentation
- 3+ years global mobility tax experience
- 2+ working with tax technology experience
- Experience with multi-country tax analysis in an international accounting or consulting organization
- Big 4 experience preferred
- XML and C# knowledge is a plus
- Working knowledge of Western Europe (esp France) country-specific requirements is a plus
- Experience managing customer expectations
- Strong knowledge of global mobility tax concepts and principles, with an ability to explain these simply and clearly to non-experts
- Excellent verbal and written communication with the ability to communicate effectively with technical, business resources, all levels of management and external stakeholders
- Comfortable working with technology in both personal and professional settings
- Desire to be a key player on a strong team in a fun, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work cross-functionally, juggle multiple projects and clearly manage internal and external expectations
- Smart, energetic and driven; takes the initiative to learn with a great attitude
- Analytical, with an ability to use this to inform and make decisions
Topia (formerly MOVE Guides, Teleport and Polaris Global Mobility), the global mobility management company, reduces barriers between people and places to enable employees to work from anywhere through its integrated suite of mobility solutions and services. Over 100 global companies rely on Topia’s technology and service platform for relocation and expatriate management, tax and payroll, and immigration data across more than 100 countries with maximum operational efficiency, employee satisfaction and engagement, and assured compliance. Topia’s philanthropic initiative, Mobility4All, provides a portion of revenue and employee time to assist individuals fleeing poverty and conflict by moving to new locations.
Founded in 2012, Topia has raised over $90M from New Enterprise Associates and Notion Capital and operates headquarters in San Francisco and London, with offices throughout the Americas, EMEA and APAC. For more information, go to www.topia.com and follow Topia on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.