Topia is looking for an Application Architect to work closely with business units to understand and translate business requirements into seamless and automated cloud solutions. Solutions designed and delivered must be aligned with business and IT strategies and are in compliance with the organization’s architectural standards. This role will be involved in the full systems life cycle and therefore are responsible for formalizing requirements, designing, coding, testing, implementing and supporting application software that is delivered on time and within budget. Responsibilities beyond development of software may include participation in component and data architecture design, technology planning, product evaluation, advanced testing processes and buy vs. build recommendations. Individuals also provide input to project plans related to the application development initiative.
You should have a solid understanding of application configuration, database development, testing, and integration methodologies. Knowledge of current and emerging IT products, services and processes is required.
You will be expected to able to adjust to constant business change, requiring integration of solutions that can impact the overall system development activity. You will also provide client support, consultation and subject matter expertise for maintenance and support. This role will participate in major projects/programs providing subject matter expertise, and works on projects that span a broad range of applications. Experience in multiple technical environments and possesses business knowledge that spans multiple business areas.
- Writing and utilizing APIs / Action Layer / MVC
- Front-end development using HTML, CSS, and client-side scripting
- Define and communicate the “big picture” in terms of the solution (both functional and technical components) and break it down into smaller manageable work units
- Participate in project planning processes
- Develop work plans or reviews other work plan timelines and manages workflows to meet project timeframes
- Contribute to strategic planning meetings and provides guidance and expertise on system options, risk, cost vs. benefits, and impacts on business processes and goals
- Identify technical requirements
- Create functional and technical design specifications and assists in sizing technical requirements
- Lead project workstreams building application components
- Integrate solutions with other applications and platforms outside the framework
- Review integration testing plans
- Support and/or execute testing efforts across the life cycle
- Ensure the adherence to standards, policies and procedures
- Review modules for quality assurance
- Check for compliance with all standards, policies and procedures
- Develop convergence plans to meet standards, as needed
- Contribute to and reviews deployment plans and may schedule the installation of new modules, upgrades and fixes to the production environment
- Work with Release Management to ensure modules are production-ready
- Create branching and merging strategies as needed
- Validate deployment
- Support the ongoing maintenance of applications
- Oversee and assists in production support
- May troubleshoot existing information systems to identify errors or deficiencies and develops solutions
- Ensure all applications are documented according to standards
- Promote effective use of information technology by educating users on system functionality
- Evaluate new application packages and tools and performs research on best practices
- Provide recommendations for the solutions
- May prepare and present formal training to IT staff, as needed
- Provide technical guidance or system process expertise.
- Provide performance feedback to managers.
- Develop reports and presentations for senior management, as needed.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Industry class experience in cloud-native distributed systems architectures leveraging big data pipelines and datastores
- Experience in delivering SaaS products using agile development methodologies (ex. TDD)
- Development skills in multiple languages and frameworks (ex. Python, Java, React.js, Go, Swagger, APEX)
- Solid database fundamentals
- Extensive experience with Cloud API integration
- Proven ability to liaison with a senior technical audience from customer organizations
- B.S. or preferably M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent with 5+ years relevant experience
- A passion for innovation and adoption of new concepts, architectures and technologies