We are looking for a Senior AP Specialist at our fast-growing global workforce relocation software company who will thrive in our entrepreneurial environment that is mission driven, results oriented and fun spirited. This person will have the opportunity to contribute in multiple aspects within the finance and accounting organization.
The ideal candidate is highly proactive, a self-starter, tech savvy, and extremely organized. You are someone who pays attention to details, works independently on a variety of activities and operates with confidentiality. You strive for excellence, have exceptional communication – both verbal and written skills – and adapt quickly to changes of schedule or circumstances.
- Responsible for all activities in the accounts payable function.
- Responsible for corporate credit card transactions and manage the purchase orders process and ensure proper G/L accounts coding.
- The owner of the AP inbox and review, analyze, and respond to internal and external inquiries
- Responsible for reconciling corporate credit cards.
- Process employee expenses, including verification that reimbursable expenses are within company guidelines using Expensify.
- Review employee expense reports for compliance with T&E policy.
- Provide guidance and instruction to employees regarding T&E expense matters.
- Ensure that all invoices have the appropriate documentation, approval, coding and expense type (taxable vs. nontaxable), prior to payment.
- Prepare and enter journal entries including monthly AP accruals.
- Prepares batch ACH payments, and wire transfers.
- Investigates and resolves problems associated with processing of invoices and purchase orders.
- Maintain master vendor file to track all contract details and ensure proper expense recognition, allocations and timely payments.
- Responsible in W9 collections and preparing year-end forms, including 1099s.
- Process various types of accounts payable transactions including vendor invoices, recurring payments, and manual check requests in accordance with the policies and procedures.
- Proactively seek ways to improve processes to help reduce time to close, improve accuracy of the underlying accounting records and create operational efficiencies.
- Participate in special projects and perform additional duties, as required.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in Accounts Payable Specialist/Sr. Specialist role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business is preferred
- Demonstrable experience with GAAP and basic accounting principles
- Excellent computer skills and standard office technology, including working knowledge of MS Excel (pivot tables, VLOOKUP, etc.)
- NetSuite experience required
- Expensify experience is highly desired
- Tech Savvy – must not be afraid of technology!
- Very detailed oriented and conscientious
- Highly effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- Energetic, proactive and positive attitude; highly motivated
- Must be a self-starter who can handle multiple projects with competing priorities with minimal supervision
- Ability to work within a complex and constantly changing, fast-paced, demanding work environment