We are looking for a Senior GL Accountant at our fast-growing global workforce relocation software company who will thrive in our entrepreneurial environment that is mission driven, results oriented and fun spirited. This person will have the opportunity to contribute in multiple aspects within the finance and accounting organization.
The ideal candidate is highly proactive, a self-starter, tech savvy, and extremely organized. You are someone who pays attention to details, works independently on a variety of activities and operates with confidentiality. You strive for excellence, have exceptional communication – both verbal and written skills – and adapt quickly to changes of schedule or circumstances.
- Responsible for maintenance of ledger accounts and records in accordance with U.S. GAAP, including preparation and review of monthly Journal Entries and related GL account reconciliations
- Prepare and review Balance Sheet reconciliations including but not limited to:
- Fixed Assets
- Prepaid Expenses and Other Current Assets
- Accrued Expenses
- Deferred Rent
- Debt & Loan
- Proactively seek ways to improve processes to help reduce time to close, improve accuracy of the underlying accounting records and create operational efficiencies
- Participate in special projects and perform additional duties, as required
- Work with external auditors to ensure accuracy, efficiency and timeliness of the quarterly reviews and year-end audit
- Prepare and review Financial Statements with Finance
- Analyze and explain monthly balance sheet and income statement fluctuations and variances
- Prepare and maintain monthly account reconciliations
- Develop process improvements to drive automation to streamline recurring processes
- Assist with annual audit schedules and tax filing as needed from outside accountants.
- Assist with other accounting projects and other administrative duties as needed
Desired Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Accounting / Finance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business is preferred
- Demonstrable experience with GAAP and basic accounting principles
- Excellent computer skills and standard office technology, including working knowledge of MS Excel (pivot tables, VLOOKUP, etc.)
- NetSuite experience required
- Tech Savvy – must not be afraid of technology!
- Very detailed oriented and conscientious
- Highly effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- Able to work independently
- Energetic, proactive and positive attitude; highly motivated
- Must be a self-starter who can handle multiple projects with competing priorities with minimal supervision
- Ability to work within a complex and constantly changing, fast-paced, demanding work environment