Topia is seeking a Billing & Collections Specialist who will be responsible for customer billing and collections and when needed credit analysis and recommendations. The Billing and Collections Specialist will manage a portfolio of accounts to achieve an optimal cash conversion cycle while maintaining valuable customer relationships. This position will also support the new customer set-up process.
- Process monthly customer billing, including generation of invoices in a timely matter
- Execute on the entire post-sale billing process, including generating invoices and credit memos, tracking collections, follow-up on late invoices
- Respond timely to billing inquiries received from internal and external customers
- Provide accurate, timely reporting to finance and accounting teams, and facilitate monthly close process
- Handle invoice cancellations and re-invoicing
- Assist in the timely collection of outstanding accounts receivable
- Develop client accounts billing reconciliation, develop billing matrix template, and identify and fix billing discrepancies as necessary
- Develop process improvements to drive automation to streamline recurring processes
- Assist with other projects and other administrative duties as needed
- Must be able to work within company collection process to improve customer delinquency without diminishing the valued customer relationship
- Proactively monitor customer accounts to determine if accounts should be placed on credit hold to reduce risk of bad debt
- Interface with sales and administrative staff in effort to mitigate and resolve customer disputes, cash flow concerns or any collection issue that delays timely payment
- Analyze customer credit risk and establish credit limits utilizing credit reports
- Investigate and resolve short payments and disputed charges
- Issue credit and debit memos
- New customer setup process
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in billing and collections/credit capacity. College degree or equivalent practical experience preferred.
- Detail oriented, organized, and demonstrated ability to multi-task and shift priorities quickly, while maintaining control with limited supervision
- Experience with NetSuite highly desired.
- Must be consistent and good at following up with both customers and internal team.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work well with people is a must. Superior interpersonal skills; written and verbal are essential.
- Must be computer savvy and have a solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Gmail.
- Basic understanding of GAAP accounting
- Experience running and analyzing credit reports
- Team player with a positive attitude, strong work ethic, and a focus on business issues
- Excellent research and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM platforms a plus.
Topia (formerly MOVE Guides and Polaris Global Mobility), the global mobility management company, reduces barriers between people and places to enable employees to work from anywhere through its integrated suite of mobility solutions and services. Over 100 global companies rely on Topia’s technology and service platform for relocation and expatriate management, tax and payroll, and immigration data across more than 100 countries with maximum operational efficiency, employee satisfaction and engagement, and assured compliance. Topia’s philanthropic initiative, Mobility4All, provides a portion of revenue and employee time to assist individuals fleeing poverty and conflict by moving to new locations.
Founded in 2012, Topia has raised over $90M from New Enterprise Associates and Notion Capital and operates headquarters in San Francisco, with 17 offices throughout the Americas, EMEA and APAC. For more information, go to www.topia.com and follow Topia on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.