Customer Success Manager
As Topia's Customer Success Manager, you will be responsible for a portfolio of customers in which you are the primary point of contact for building, maintaining and growing Topia’s relationships. You will be great at establishing rapport and managing diverse stakeholders across multiple offices and time zones. You will learn about your customers’ needs and advise them on how to best leverage Topia technology and services to achieve their goals. You will be an agent of change, working with your customers to champion and adopt new technology, processes and policies.
This role requires a consultative and holistic approach to the customer lifecycle. You will be responsible for providing guidance and leadership throughout the on-boarding process, and proactively identify the value Topia delivers to our customers. You will manage the contract renewal process and work closely with the Sales team on upsell and expansion opportunities. You will proactively assess Customer Health Metrics, provide early identification of risks and drive Account Plans. As the primary advocate for your accounts, you will also work closely with our Product, Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Implementation and Advocate teams to ensure that ‘Voice of Customer’ feedback is incorporated into decision making; delivering greater overall satisfaction, adoption and business value.
The ideal candidate functions as a strategic business partner, able to collaborate effectively to get things done while providing an excellent customer experience in a fast paced and constantly changing environment . He/she will have a consultative mindset, can ask the right questions at the right time in order to uncover customers’ unarticulated needs. He/she will exhibit the level of business maturity, professionalism and communication skills expected by the world’s top companies. A highly customer-centric, responsive and proactive approach is required. Expertise in the Talent Mobility industry is highly desired.
- Own the success of a portfolio of customers from post-sale through implementation and delivery, including: adoption, retention, renewal and expansion.
- Act as point of escalation for customers, both internally and externally.
- Prepare and conduct Quarterly Business Reviews / Strategic Account Reviews.
- Develop ‘trusted advisor’ relationships with key stakeholders to ensure full understanding of the customer's business strategy, culture and metrics for success. Delivery best practices across your customer base.
- Proactive outreach to customers, advising them on potential issues, policy recommendations, new product functionality, networking and learning opportunities.
- Lead change management initiatives to build champions. Ensure that customers are adopting Topia’s transformational technology, fully leveraging our capabilities, and deriving maximum value from their investments.
- Serve as your customers’ advocate internally, effectively collaborating cross-functionally to troubleshoot issues and ensure successful delivery.
- Work closely with the Sales and Service Delivery teams to increase revenue and facilitate renewals.
- Develop Strategic Customer Success Plans to identify goals for each account. Partner with customers and colleagues to follow through, track progress and manage outcomes.
- Travel to Topia offices and customer sites.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5+ years in Talent Mobility, HR industry, HR technology or Customer Success Management, , Global Account Management.
- Fast learner with technical competence and experience working with SaaS platforms, ideally in a high-growth startup.
- Smart, energetic and driven; takes the initiative to learn and leads by example with a great attitude. Desire to be a key player on a strong team in a fun, fast-paced environment.
- Works very well with others, sets expectations, takes responsibility for actions/activities, supports others and navigates priorities effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence effectively across all levels of the organization
- Ability to think strategically and partner with stakeholders to identify opportunities and develop solutions.
- Creative negotiator who can exert influence to get stakeholders on board, identify resistance, present effective challenges, and bargain for resources, priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Strong customer focus, account management and project management skills.
- Analytical, organized, and detail-oriented; able to analyze data, detect trends and draw insightful recommendations that align to needs and goals.
- A strong presence with excellent verbal and written communication; effective ‘storytelling’ presentation skills with value messaging and conviction.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft office suite.
- CRP (Certified Relocation Professional) or GMS (Global Mobility Specialist) designation desired.
Topia (formerly MOVE Guides, Polaris Global Mobility and Teleport), the global mobility management company, reduces barriers between people and places to enable employees to work from anywhere through its integrated suite of mobility solutions and services. Over 100 global companies rely on Topia’s technology and service platform for relocation and expatriate management, tax and payroll, and immigration data across more than 100 countries with maximum operational efficiency, employee satisfaction and engagement, and assured compliance.
Founded in 2012, Topia has raised over $90M from New Enterprise Associates and Notion Capital and operates headquarters in San Francisco, with 7 offices throughout the Americas, EMEA and APAC. Our R&D teams are located in Tallinn and Seattle. For more information, go to www.topia.com and follow Topia on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.