Mount Anvil’s purpose is to create outstanding places where people can thrive. That starts with our business, and manifests in the London legacy we create with our partners.
A consistent focus on people and culture has meant we’ve been feted 11 years in a row as one of The Sunday Times’ “100 Best Small Companies to Work For” – a standout achievement in our sector. This year, we added Property Week’s “Best Places to Work in Property” listing to the mantelpiece.
We care about the physical and mental well-being of our people as demonstrated in our rewards package which includes: Private medical insurance for you and your family through Vitality, Life assurance, 25 days holiday increasing each year by a day, enhanced maternity and paternity leave amongst others.
We’re looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor who has experience working on mixed residential schemes in London. You’ll be experienced working in a senior commercial position and have a strong knowledge of all surveying/commercial matters relating to residential schemes.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a great opportunity to work on-site in a dynamic team on a large residential scheme in Whitechapel, East London. You’ll report into the Managing Surveyor and will be responsible for a variety of senior commercial and surveying elements on the scheme.
You’ll be involved in cost reporting, valuations, procurement, contract and appointment negotiation, subcontract management and payments. You’ll be expected to learn all the Mount Anvil online systems and manage your own packages whilst working with the wider construction team.
The Silk District is a mixed-use residential which consists of 698 apartments, set over 3 blocks and 2 phases. The low-rise blocks are typically 6-8 storeys and the towers are 21 and 25 storeys high. The scheme will also feature commercial units, landscaped gardens and offer first class amenities including gym, 24-hour concierge, cinema room and café.
You’ll be expected to get involved in the following duties whilst supporting the project team with various administration duties;
- Complete and present monthly CVR’s to our Directors
- Attendance to monthly CVR, project, design and JV meetings
- Compile External Valuations to our JV and HA
- Detailed involvement in the procurement process ensuring delivery dates are met
- Contract and appointment administration
- Responsibly for supply chain payments, including assessment and notifications
- Be self-sufficient in managing key sub-contract packages
- Regular involvement with training and coaching junior members
- Learn all MA electronic systems such as A-Site, Navision and Proactis
- Develop working relationships with the wider project delivery team and our partners (i.e. JV, consultants site managers, sub-contractors and suppliers)
- Regularly go onto site to keep updated on all matters which could have commercial effect
- Be diligent with all aspects of the commercial role to ensure a consistent high standard is achieved
YOUR SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Quantity Surveying or Commercial Management Degree
- Experience working for a developer or main contractor is preferred
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office
- Exposure to residential projects
- Team-player with excellent relationship-building and interpersonal skills
- Hard-working, driven and self-motivated
- Ability to work in a fast pace-environment with regular changing goals
- Good negotiation skills and VE knowledge
- Achieving best-value