Mount Anvil’s purpose is to create outstanding places where people can thrive. That starts with our business, and manifests in the London legacy we create with our partners.
A consistent focus on people and culture has meant we’ve been feted 11 years in a row as one of The Sunday Times’ “100 Best Small Companies to Work For” – a standout achievement in our sector. This year, we added Property Week’s “Best Places to Work in Property” listing to the mantelpiece.
We care about the physical and mental well-being of our people as demonstrated in our rewards package which includes: Private medical insurance for you and your family through Vitality, Life assurance, 25 days holiday increasing each year by a day, enhanced maternity and paternity leave, among others.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic graduate who is passionate about surveying and commercial elements of construction projects. You’ll work under the guidance of the Commercial Manager and get involved in all things surveying and commercial. The ideal candidate will be passionate about construction and keen on developing their career in Surveying.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a great opportunity to work in a dynamic team on a large residential scheme in Acton, West London. You’ll work under the guidance of a senior member of the commercial team and will be responsible for supporting the surveying team with various commercial and surveying elements of the project.
You’ll get exposure to contract negotiation, consultant & subcontract procurement, contract administration, cost control and reporting. If successful, you’ll be expected to learn all the Mount Anvil online systems, support with payments and eventually manage your own packages whilst working with the wider construction team.
Friary Park is a mixed-use phased development ranging from 3 - 24 storeys comprising 990 residential units, commercial floorspace, community floorspace and Public Realm improvements.
You’ll be expected to get involved in the following duties whilst supporting the project team with various administration duties;
- Learn all MA electronic systems such as Rivo, Aconex and Proactis
- Ensure progress recordings, payments and procurement delivery dates are met
- Regularly go onto site to fully understand the technical and practical aspects of the building process
- Develop working relationships with the wider project delivery team (i.e. site managers, sub-contractors and suppliers
- Take responsibility for supply chain payments including notifications, non-recoverable VAT, CIS, retentions and material purchase orders
- Learn the MA procurement process and become self-sufficient on smaller value packages
- Be diligent with all aspect commercial role to ensure a consistent high standard is achieved
YOUR SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Quantity Surveying or Commercial Management qualification
- 6 to 12 months experience working on a construction scheme
- Experience working for a developer or main contractor is preferred