Our purpose is to create outstanding places where people can thrive.
A consistent focus on people and culture has meant we’ve been feted 11 years in a row as one of The Sunday Times’ “100 Best Small Companies to Work For” – a standout achievement in our sector. This year, we added Property Week’s “Best Places to Work in Property” listing to the mantelpiece.
Mount Anvil offers a diverse rewards package which includes: Private medical insurance for you and your family through Vitality including access to our wellbeing scheme which offers associated discounts on spa breaks, cinema tickets, your Ocado shop, free Starbucks, 50% off Virgin Active Membership and more.
We also offer you; Income Protection Insurance to help you cope financially if you’re unable to work due to illness or injury, Life Assurance equivalent to four times your salary, one additional well-being day in 2019 on top of your annual leave & Bank Holidays, enhanced maternity and paternity leave, an in-house Occupational Health specialist, among others.
As the 'face' of Mount Anvil, you’ll be a passionate, friendly, engaging, confident and clear communicator focused on providing a high standard of Customer Service.
You’ll be enthusiastic, self-motivated and a team player who is a pragmatic- problem solver with a can-do attitude.
About the Role
We’ve got an opportunity for Receptionist to join us on a full time and permanent basis in our Barbican office; the salary is competitive and includes a discretionary company bonus.
You’ll work Monday to Friday, 40 hours a week, 08:00 - 17:30 with an hour for lunch and an additional 30 minutes for breaks to be taken flexibly during the day.
Reporting into the Office Manager, you'll be the first point of contact for Mount Anvil’s Barbican office, providing an exceptional and professional experience for external visitors and staff.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide an exceptional and professional experience for external visitors and staff
- Maintain the front of house area to high standards
- Manage the meeting rooms booking system and the switchboard
- Perform administrative tasks such as courier booking, business travel, office supplies order, post and staff passes.
- Take on additional tasks as assigned by the Office Manager & People Operations Manager
Skills & Experience
- Experience in a front of house role handling receptionist responsibilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum of intermediate competency level in Microsoft Office Suite
- Hands on experience of web-based booking and ordering systems
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail