Machines that Move Us.
People who Inspire Us.
Stories that Drive Us.
Check us out: http://bit.ly/MotorTrendG
*MotorTrend Group will never ask for sensitive personal information or fees as part of your application process*
MotorTrend Group is the largest automotive media company in the world. MotorTrend Group, a Warner Bros. Discovery company, is the largest automotive media company in the world, bringing together MotorTrend TV and a vast automotive digital, direct-to-consumer, social, and live event portfolio, including MOTORTREND, HOT ROD, ROADKILL, AUTOMOBILE and more than 20 other industry-leading brands. With a monthly audience of 26 million across web, TV and print, and 110 million social followers, culminating in 1.3 billion monthly impressions across all platforms, MotorTrend Group encompasses television’s #1 network for automotive fans, a leading automotive YouTube Channel and MotorTrend+, the only subscription streaming service dedicated entirely to the motoring world. MotorTrend Group serves to embrace, entertain and empower the motoring world.
An institution in the automotive industry, we have been delivering premium content, in depth analysis, and culturally relevant material since 1949. We celebrate our heritage, while boldly looking to the future — reimagining motor entertainment for a broader, more diverse audience. MotorTrend Group has remained ahead of the automotive world and developed the single most relevant resource for any auto enthusiast and in-market shopper.
The people who work at MotorTrend embody the passion of our content, and wake up every day intent on embracing, entertaining, and empowering the motoring world.
Job Summary & Responsibilities
The Software Development Engineer III, Web Applications - SEO (full-time, salaried, regular) will help generate traffic by working with SEO team of Motor Trend Group’s platforms for Motortrend.com and key brands. This SDE III will be a part of web team consisting of Motortrend.com & Motortrendondemand.com
Essential duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Expertise in Google Crawl,website crawl, internal linking, indexing, render cycle etc
- Experience in using Lighthouse, and optimizing LCP, FCP, CLS of large websites
- Collaborate with other teams on prioritizing roadmap initiatives and to provide estimations.
- Contribute significantly to software project and planning efforts.
- Consult and lead on overall software architecture and strategy and drive high impact decisions.
- Enforce standards, best practices, and modern development conventions.
- Mentor junior engineers, overseeing their designs, code quality, and integration into a team.
The ideal candidate has a track record of having built multiple high-performance, stable, scalable systems that have been successfully shipped to customers in production. Your work and your approach on SEO related work are exemplary: you drive best practices and set standards for your team. You are a key influencer in your team’s strategy and contribute significantly to team planning. You show good judgment making trade-offs between immediate and long-term business needs. You are a collaborative leader that makes other engineers and team members around you more productive, by sharing your knowledge, and helping to tie-break key technical decisions. You provide mentoring to other engineers. Your written and oral communication skills are superb.
- BA/BS in a Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent professional experience.
- Must have SEO experience
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g., unit testing, design patterns, building maintainable code, performance, object-oriented programming principles).
- Experience with 3rd party API consumption, client side.
- Proficiency with optimizing for performance, scalability, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Experience using Google Search console, Screaming Frog, other SEO related tools.
- Experience with Git workflow, Version Standarding.
- You are experienced and capable of playing a leading role to design and develop complex functional changes to existing software systems, or new ones, involving yourself and other engineers. You make good decisions when to build new and when to extend existing.
- You provide guidance on design, coding, and operational best practices, and have a track-record of applying these best practices to software that you have worked on. You can propose and create best practices proactively where none exist.
- You make high impact decisions driving how and what software gets built. Your decisions are often right, and you are persuasive in delivering your suggestions and ideas to your team. You understand how individual pieces of software fit into a greater ecosystem and can actively communicate and advocate for choices among multiple stakeholders.
- You are an effective communicator as exemplified by your technical documentation, and your interactions with stakeholders and adjacent teams. Your success is judged as much on your own productivity as on the positive impact you have on engineers around you.
- The ability to sit for prolonged period of time and view computer screen.
- Work is performed in an office environment that is well lit and ventilated.
NOTE: This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned.
*A warning about recruitment scams*
Unscrupulous individuals sometimes pose as MotorTrend Group recruiters and mislead jobseekers into providing sensitive personal information (such as social security numbers) or paying fees as a condition of submitting an application to MotorTrend Group or obtaining a job at MotorTrend Group. These individuals or entities posing as recruiters are not affiliated with MotorTrend Group and do not act on behalf of MotorTrend Group. Always utilize the MotorTrend Group Careers page https://boards.greenhouse.io/motortrendgroup to find available openings and whenever submitting a job application to MotorTrend Group, and know that MotorTrend Group will never ask for sensitive personal information or fees as part of your application.