Machines that Move Us.
People who Inspire Us.
Stories that Drive Us.
Check us out: http://bit.ly/MotorTrendG
*MotorTrend Group will never ask for sensitive personal information or fees as part of your application process*
MotorTrend Group is the largest automotive media company in the world. MotorTrend Group, a Warner Bros. Discovery company, is the largest automotive media company in the world, bringing together MotorTrend TV and a vast automotive digital, direct-to-consumer, social, and live event portfolio, including MOTORTREND, HOT ROD, ROADKILL, AUTOMOBILE and more than 20 other industry-leading brands. With a monthly audience of 26 million across web, TV and print, and 110 million social followers, culminating in 1.3 billion monthly impressions across all platforms, MotorTrend Group encompasses television’s #1 network for automotive fans, a leading automotive YouTube Channel and MotorTrend+, the only subscription streaming service dedicated entirely to the motoring world. MotorTrend Group serves to embrace, entertain and empower the motoring world.
An institution in the automotive industry, we have been delivering premium content, in depth analysis, and culturally relevant material since 1949. We celebrate our heritage, while boldly looking to the future — reimagining motor entertainment for a broader, more diverse audience. MotorTrend Group has remained ahead of the automotive world and developed the single most relevant resource for any auto enthusiast and in-market shopper.
The people who work at MotorTrend embody the passion of our content, and wake up every day intent on embracing, entertaining, and empowering the motoring world.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
The Media Planner (full-time, salaried, regular) will is the key support role for the MotorTrend Group sales team, and the primary planner and packager for integrated and digital sales proposals. This role is responsible for creating, maintaining and updating advertising materials for specific sales pitches including insertion orders, media plans, agency templates, etc. for all MotorTrend Group digital properties. This includes working closely with account executives, ad operations personnel, publishers, marketing staff, and editorial teams for the purpose of supporting client requests and prospecting new business. This role is also responsible for in-depth analysis of website metrics in support of client requests and ongoing campaigns. Essential duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Develop thoughtful, scalable and effective print and digital media plans in response to Account Executives and client requests (35%)
- Create presentation materials (in collaboration with Creative services team) including, but not limited to, Excell media plans, PowerPoint decks, one-sheets, insertion order templates, wrap-up reporting and all materials specific to the pre-sale and renewal process (5%)
- Participate in the creative brainstorming pre-sale process with and for any of our clients, agencies or partners to deliver outstanding service and performance to our partners and for our users (10%)
- Coordinate with Directors of Sales and individual Account Executives (both internal and external) on creation of thoughtful, integrated client presentations and sales pitches (10%)
- Strategically manage and support Account Executives with all facets of communications internally and externally for all RFPs and proposals (20%)
- Research and analyze audience and performance metrics to provide relevant supporting data for proposals that align with client goals (5%)
- Build strong relationships with our strategists, account managers, project managers and analytics teams ensuring campaigns are integrated and holistic (2.5%)
- Research, recommend and champion new ad products to keep MOTORTREND GROUP at the forefront of advertising innovation with scalable solutions within our technological abilities (5%)
- Assist the Ad Operations team and Campaign Managers with campaign implementation by providing background and campaign detail, as needed to effectively traffic and manage campaigns (5%)
- May also be involved in implementing new processes, systems, and strategies with the Sales Support Team as we expand and adapt to our fast-growing field (2.5%)
- Support a team that prides itself on being solution-oriented and problem solvers for the rest of the MOTORTREND GROUP sales organization
- This position will not include supervising one or more employees where applicable.
- BA or BS or equivalent.
- Design Experience a plus.
- 2+ years’ experience/education with Advertising or Marketing.
- 2+ years’ experience/education with Digital/Online Technology.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Able to interact professionally and comfortably with both internal departments and external sales partners.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite or equivalent, specifically Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop or other graphic design/manipulation software.
- Strong writing skills with a focus on sales promotional copy.
- Creative and design skill sufficient to the task of creating compelling, attractive sales materials that showcase our Company and products at their best.
- Ability to gather and analyze website metrics for use in presentations and internal reporting.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to identify problems and solutions, streamline systems and set standards.
- The ability to sit for prolonged period of time and view computer screen.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Google Workspace-Drive, Docs, Sheet,
- Work is performed in an office environment that is well lit and ventilated.
NOTE: This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned.
*A warning about recruitment scams*
Unscrupulous individuals sometimes pose as MotorTrend Group recruiters and mislead jobseekers into providing sensitive personal information (such as social security numbers) or paying fees as a condition of submitting an application to MotorTrend Group or obtaining a job at MotorTrend Group. These individuals or entities posing as recruiters are not affiliated with MotorTrend Group and do not act on behalf of MotorTrend Group. Always utilize the MotorTrend Group Careers page https://boards.greenhouse.io/motortrendgroup to find available openings and whenever submitting a job application to MotorTrend Group, and know that MotorTrend Group will never ask for sensitive personal information or fees as part of your application.