Machines that Move Us.
People who Inspire Us.
Stories that Drive Us.
Check us out: http://bit.ly/MotorTrendG
*MotorTrend Group will never ask for sensitive personal information or fees as part of your application process*
MotorTrend Group is the largest automotive media company in the world. MotorTrend Group, a Warner Bros. Discovery company, is the largest automotive media company in the world, bringing together MotorTrend TV and a vast automotive digital, direct-to-consumer, social, and live event portfolio, including MOTORTREND, HOT ROD, ROADKILL, AUTOMOBILE and more than 20 other industry-leading brands. With a monthly audience of 26 million across web, TV and print, and 110 million social followers, culminating in 1.3 billion monthly impressions across all platforms, MotorTrend Group encompasses television’s #1 network for automotive fans, a leading automotive YouTube Channel and MotorTrend+, the only subscription streaming service dedicated entirely to the motoring world. MotorTrend Group serves to embrace, entertain and empower the motoring world.
An institution in the automotive industry, we have been delivering premium content, in depth analysis, and culturally relevant material since 1949. We celebrate our heritage, while boldly looking to the future — reimagining motor entertainment for a broader, more diverse audience. MotorTrend Group has remained ahead of the automotive world and developed the single most relevant resource for any auto enthusiast and in-market shopper.
The people who work at MotorTrend embody the passion of our content, and wake up every day intent on embracing, entertaining, and empowering the motoring world.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
The Financial Analyst (full-time, salaried, regular) will be responsible for the following duties, but not limited to:
- Build and maintain financial models to support strategy for annual budget, monthly forecasts, and long-range plan for various areas of the business
- Evaluate financial performance by analyzing variances between actuals and forecasts/budget to drive meaningful discussions with executive leadership team
- Develop and expand financial and operational reporting capabilities that provide key insights about the business and help drive business decisions
- Provide high-level strategic and operational analyses on existing and new business possibilities
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders on various areas of the business
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline
- 1+ years of progressive accounting or finance experience
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of Excel; knowledge of IBM Cognos TM1 a plus, but not required
- Financial modeling techniques
- Strong analytical and data organization skills
- Must be detail oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment
- Demonstrated experience in developing complex financial models, forecasting, reporting and variance analysis
- Strong partnership and collaborative style with excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects as well as strong follow through skills
- The ability to sit for prolonged period and view computer screen.
- Concentrated mental and visual demands
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- IBM Cognos, TM1, Oracle Financials, or similar systems
- Work is performed in an office environment that is well lit and ventilated.
NOTE: This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned.
*A warning about recruitment scams*
Unscrupulous individuals sometimes pose as MotorTrend Group recruiters and mislead jobseekers into providing sensitive personal information (such as social security numbers) or paying fees as a condition of submitting an application to MotorTrend Group or obtaining a job at MotorTrend Group. These individuals or entities posing as recruiters are not affiliated with MotorTrend Group and do not act on behalf of MotorTrend Group. Always utilize the MotorTrend Group Careers page https://boards.greenhouse.io/motortrendgroup to find available openings and whenever submitting a job application to MotorTrend Group, and know that MotorTrend Group will never ask for sensitive personal information or fees as part of your application.