Machines that Move Us.
People who Inspire Us.
Stories that Drive Us.
Check us out: http://bit.ly/MotorTrendG
*MotorTrend Group will never ask for sensitive personal information or fees as part of your application process*
We are MotorTrend.
With a monthly reach of more than 131 million, MTG is the largest automotive media company in the world. With franchises including MotorTrend, Hot Rod, Automobile, Wheeler Dealers, Roadkill, Best Driver’s Car, and dozens of other world-class brands, we are reimagining storytelling around mobility. Our portfolio brings together Discovery’s #1 TV network for automotive super fans, with our vast automotive digital platform that includes direct-to-consumer products, websites, apps, connected TVs, social, and live events.
The people who work at MotorTrend embody the passion of our content, and wake up every day intent on embracing, entertaining, and empowering the motoring world.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
MotorTrend is looking for a UX Designer (full-time, salaried, regular) to join our Client Experiences team. The MotorTrend Client Experiences team powers our digital products across web, mobile apps, connected tv apps and more. We are looking for someone to help build out the evolution of our digital product experiences. In this role you’ll partner closely with our product and engineering teams to build best in class features for our loyal app audience and attract new users with innovative content experiences.
This position requires an experienced designer, skilled in both interaction and visual design, with a passion for solving user problems, and empathizing with the needs and behaviors of MotorTrend Group’s audience. You shall be able to connect the dots between business needs, innovation and good design. The UX Designer must be able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment that requires problem-solving and self-direction while consistently advocating team collaboration and open communication. This position entails taking pride in any challenges small or large, from optimization and asset output to creation of new innovative customer experiences.
- 3-5 years of experience working in consumer-facing products.
- Experience designing unified features and design systems across mobile, web and CTV.
- Proficient with design/prototyping in Figma.
- Develop wireframes, high fidelity designs and prototypes.
- Work with developers and product managers to implement designs.
- Research, advocate and apply the latest UX standards to all projects .
- Iterate and improve the design and experience of interactive products.
- Design and implement user tests to inform UX changes and improve content delivery.
- Support product in developing stories in JIRA and work with developers to implement.
- This position will not include supervising employees.
- Degree in Design, Computer Science, or Human-Computer Interaction a plus.
- 3-5 years of UX/UI design experience.
- Experience effectively working with product, engineering and editorial teams.
- Experience in mobile, web and ctv/mobile app native design.
- Experience participating at all stages of a project including customer insights, design thinking, conception, prototyping to finished product design.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Open to grow into the role and many facets of the UX team.
- Ability to work within a design system and iteratively improve experiences.
- Ability to both see the larger picture and work deep in the details for delivery.
- To be a team player with the flexibility to get things done in a fast-past environment.
- Proven track record of balancing multiple projects at once and delivery of projects successfully on time.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Efficiently use data to help inform experience and interaction decisions.
- Clearly communicate ideas with product managers, engineering, and stakeholders.
- Working knowledge of user-centered design, user interface design principles, information architecture, usability testing and user research.
- Strong background in interaction and visual design with an eye for details .
- Adaptable and dependable working in a highly collaborative, agile environment.
- Great team attitude and no ownership or entitlement issues .
- Office Suite
- G Suite
- JIRA & Confluence
- Photoshop occasionally
- The ability to sit for prolonged periods of time and view computer screen.
- Work is performed in an office environment that is well lit and ventilated.
- Hybrid, Remote Candidates Encouraged to Apply.
NOTE: This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned.
*A warning about recruitment scams*
Unscrupulous individuals sometimes pose as MotorTrend Group recruiters and mislead jobseekers into providing sensitive personal information (such as social security numbers) or paying fees as a condition of submitting an application to MotorTrend Group or obtaining a job at MotorTrend Group. These individuals or entities posing as recruiters are not affiliated with MotorTrend Group and do not act on behalf of MotorTrend Group. Always utilize the MotorTrend Group Careers page https://boards.greenhouse.io/motortrendgroup to find available openings and whenever submitting a job application to MotorTrend Group, and know that MotorTrend Group will never ask for sensitive personal information or fees as part of your application.