Machines that Move Us.
People who Inspire Us.
Stories that Drive Us.
Check us out: http://bit.ly/MotorTrendG
*MotorTrend Group will never ask for sensitive personal information or fees as part of your application process*
We are MotorTrend.
With a monthly reach of more than 131 million, MTG is the largest automotive media company in the world. With franchises including MotorTrend, Hot Rod, Automobile, Wheeler Dealers, Roadkill, Best Driver’s Car, and dozens of other world-class brands, we are reimagining storytelling around mobility. Our portfolio brings together Discovery’s #1 TV network for automotive super fans, with our vast automotive digital platform that includes direct-to-consumer products, websites, apps, connected TVs, social, and live events.
The people who work at MotorTrend embody the passion of our content, and wake up every day intent on embracing, entertaining, and empowering the motoring world.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
The Sr. Financial Analyst (full-time, salaried, regular) will be responsible for the following duties, but not limited to:
- Build and maintain financial models to support strategy for annual budget, monthly forecasts, and long-range plan for various areas of the business
- Evaluate financial performance by analyzing variances between actuals and forecasts/budget to drive meaningful discussions with executive leadership team
- Develop and expand financial and operational reporting capabilities that provide key insights about the business and help drive business decisions
- Provide high-level strategic and operational analyses on existing and new business possibilities
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders on various areas of the business
- This position may include supervising one or more employees where applicable. Supervisory responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide consistent training, support, and mentorship to team
- Review and approve individual timecards (as needed) and time-off requests to ensure optimal staffing levels
- Effective, fair, and consistent performance management
- Fairly and consistently ensure compliance with company policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline
- 5+ years of progressive accounting or finance experience
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of Excel; knowledge of IBM Cognos TM1 a plus, but not required
- High proficiency in financial modeling techniques
- Strong analytical and data organization skills
- Must be detail oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment
- Demonstrated experience in developing complex financial models, forecasting, reporting and variance analysis
- Strong partnership and collaborative style with excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects as well as strong follow through skills
- The ability to sit for prolonged period and view computer screen.
- Concentrated mental and visual demands
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- IBM Cognos, TM1, Oracle Financials, or similar systems
- Work is performed in an office environment that is well lit and ventilated.
NOTE: This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned.
*A warning about recruitment scams*
Unscrupulous individuals sometimes pose as MotorTrend Group recruiters and mislead jobseekers into providing sensitive personal information (such as social security numbers) or paying fees as a condition of submitting an application to MotorTrend Group or obtaining a job at MotorTrend Group. These individuals or entities posing as recruiters are not affiliated with MotorTrend Group and do not act on behalf of MotorTrend Group. Always utilize the MotorTrend Group Careers page https://boards.greenhouse.io/motortrendgroup to find available openings and whenever submitting a job application to MotorTrend Group, and know that MotorTrend Group will never ask for sensitive personal information or fees as part of your application.