Machines that Move Us.
People who Inspire Us.
Stories that Drive Us.
Check us out: http://bit.ly/MotorTrendG
*MotorTrend Group will never ask for sensitive personal information or fees as part of your application process*
We are MotorTrend.
With a monthly reach of more than 131 million, MTG is the largest automotive media company in the world. With franchises including MotorTrend, Hot Rod, Automobile, Wheeler Dealers, Roadkill, Best Driver’s Car, and dozens of other world-class brands, we are reimagining storytelling around mobility. Our portfolio brings together Discovery’s #1 TV network for automotive super fans, with our vast automotive digital platform that includes direct-to-consumer products, websites, apps, connected TVs, social, and live events.
The people who work at MotorTrend embody the passion of our content, and wake up every day intent on embracing, entertaining, and empowering the motoring world.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
MotorTrend is looking for a Product Manager (full-time, salaried, regular) to join our Client Experiences team. The MotorTrend Client Experiences team powers our digital products across web, mobile apps, connected tv apps and more. We are looking for someone to lead the evolution of our TV applications. In this role you’ll partner closely with our UX and engineering teams to build best in class features for our loyal app audience and attract new users with innovative content experiences.
The ideal candidate should be passionate about solving user problems and can influence the wider team to get features built and ship. This person should have a keen product sense and a passion for CTV app development. Essential duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Define the strategy (the what + the why) for our CTV app experiences
- Own and drive the product roadmap for the evolution of our CTV apps, with input from business stakeholders and design teams
- Improve engagement in app with improved UX, discovery and recirculation
- Maintain our high standards of app performance and speed while introducing new features
- Gather requirements, prioritize features, manage scope and keep focus on project deliverables
- Define, organize and document product requirement documents and user stories for product enhancements
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Update wiki documentation and contribute to training materials
- Prioritize a backlog of bugs and feature enhancements
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
- Work with management and stakeholders to define, understand and report on key indicators
- Cultivate awareness and excitement for our CTV app initiatives with our engineers, designers and stakeholders
- This position will not include supervising one or more employees.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, User Experience or related discipline with a focus on digital media or digital product management
- Six+ years of experience working in consumer-facing products.
- Working knowledge of contemporary software development frameworks (SCRUM, Agile).
- Experience in working with mobile apps for large audiences, subscription services or experience in media a plus.
- Working knowledge of common tools for content creation and management.
- 3-5 years digital media product management experience – conceptualizing, defining, and delivering products to targeted audiences
- Digital technology experience in either a Product or Strategy role
- Experience working with a range of stakeholders on production, editorial and engineering teams
- Experience with CTV app product management
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Informed decision-making skills based on best practices, analytics, industry / technology trends
- A demonstrated track record of successful product execution and leading cross-functional terms to deliver high-quality products
- To be a team player with the flexibility to get things done in a fast-past environment
- Technical fluency; comfort understanding and discussing technology concepts and new features with technical team members
- A love of documentation, details, and diving head-first into solving our business user problems
- Proven track record of balancing multiple projects at once and delivery of projects successfully on time
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly detail oriented, strong technical intuition, organized and collaborative.
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- The ability to sit for prolonged period of time and view computer screen.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Google Suite
- Work is performed in an office environment that is well lit and ventilated.
NOTE: This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned.
*A warning about recruitment scams*
Unscrupulous individuals sometimes pose as MotorTrend Group recruiters and mislead jobseekers into providing sensitive personal information (such as social security numbers) or paying fees as a condition of submitting an application to MotorTrend Group or obtaining a job at MotorTrend Group. These individuals or entities posing as recruiters are not affiliated with MotorTrend Group and do not act on behalf of MotorTrend Group. Always utilize the MotorTrend Group Careers page https://boards.greenhouse.io/motortrendgroup to find available openings and whenever submitting a job application to MotorTrend Group, and know that MotorTrend Group will never ask for sensitive personal information or fees as part of your application.