Machines that Move Us.
People who Inspire Us.
Stories that Drive Us.
Check us out: http://bit.ly/MotorTrendG
*MotorTrend Group will never ask for sensitive personal information or fees as part of your application process*
We are MotorTrend.
With a monthly reach of more than 131 million, MTG is the largest automotive media company in the world. With franchises including MotorTrend, Hot Rod, Automobile, Wheeler Dealers, Roadkill, Best Driver’s Car, and dozens of other world-class brands, we are reimagining storytelling around mobility. Our portfolio brings together Discovery’s #1 TV network for automotive super fans, with our vast automotive digital platform that includes direct-to-consumer products, websites, apps, connected TVs, social, and live events.
The people who work at MotorTrend embody the passion of our content, and wake up every day intent on embracing, entertaining, and empowering the motoring world.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
The Assistant Editor (Full Time, Hourly) will assist the Lead Assistant Editor in all aspects of post-production for MotorTrend Group – Original Programming content as well as other company video outlets (web, broadcast, etc). Essential duties and responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Responsible for ingesting and transcoding all footage for assigned shows
- Create, prep, and organize projects for edit, following standards and guidelines set by the Lead Assistant
- Responsible for exporting and Q/C’ing sequences for finishing; color, sound, etc, as well as assembling upon return
- Understanding of post-production procedures including archiving, server organization, naming conventions, standard review/delivery specifications, etc
- Organizing finished projects for archiving
- Will sometimes be required to start editing a particular sequence for editor
- Aid in the integration of graphics within the edit when required
- This position will not include supervising one or more employees where applicable.
- At least 2 years previous experience in video/television post production, or equivalent education and experience
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Avid Media Composer
- Pro Tools
- After Effects
- Premiere Pro
- Transcoding Software
- FTP Clients and NLE systems
- The ability to sit for prolonged period of time and view computer screen.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Google Suite
- Mac OS
- Work is performed in an office environment that is well lit and ventilated.
NOTE: This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned.
*A warning about recruitment scams*
Unscrupulous individuals sometimes pose as MotorTrend Group recruiters and mislead jobseekers into providing sensitive personal information (such as social security numbers) or paying fees as a condition of submitting an application to MotorTrend Group or obtaining a job at MotorTrend Group. These individuals or entities posing as recruiters are not affiliated with MotorTrend Group and do not act on behalf of MotorTrend Group. Always utilize the MotorTrend Group Careers page https://boards.greenhouse.io/motortrendgroup to find available openings and whenever submitting a job application to MotorTrend Group, and know that MotorTrend Group will never ask for sensitive personal information or fees as part of your application.