Machines that Move Us.
People who Inspire Us.
Stories that Drive Us.
Check us out: http://bit.ly/MotorTrendG
*MotorTrend Group will never ask for sensitive personal information or fees as part of your application process*
MotorTrend Group is the largest automotive media company in the world. MotorTrend Group, a Warner Bros. Discovery company, is the largest automotive media company in the world, bringing together MotorTrend TV and a vast automotive digital, direct-to-consumer, social, and live event portfolio, including MOTORTREND, HOT ROD, ROADKILL, AUTOMOBILE and more than 20 other industry-leading brands. With a monthly audience of 26 million across web, TV and print, and 110 million social followers, culminating in 1.3 billion monthly impressions across all platforms, MotorTrend Group encompasses television’s #1 network for automotive fans, a leading automotive YouTube Channel and MotorTrend+, the only subscription streaming service dedicated entirely to the motoring world. MotorTrend Group serves to embrace, entertain and empower the motoring world.
An institution in the automotive industry, we have been delivering premium content, in depth analysis, and culturally relevant material since 1949. We celebrate our heritage, while boldly looking to the future — reimagining motor entertainment for a broader, more diverse audience. MotorTrend Group has remained ahead of the automotive world and developed the single most relevant resource for any auto enthusiast and in-market shopper.
The people who work at MotorTrend embody the passion of our content, and wake up every day intent on embracing, entertaining, and empowering the motoring world.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
MotorTrend is looking for a Director of Product (full-time, salaried, regular) to join our Content Platform team. The MotorTrend’s Content Platforms powers our digital products across web, mobile apps, connected tv apps and more. We are on a mission to streamline our content publishing systems and workflow to make them easy to use, scalable and best in class.
The ideal candidate will own the Content platform from start-to-finish, developing product opportunities focused on driving improvements around CMS & Video workflows, APIs, content ingestion, asset management, metadata, digital rights management, CDN and transcoding.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Own and drive the product roadmap for the evolution of our content platforms, with input from business stakeholders and editorial teams
- Collaborate with the Engineering and Design team to enhance our publishing systems and build new capabilities
- Shadow CMS & VMS users and analyze usage patterns to discover user interaction pain points
- Assist with developing products and processes to create the most efficient workflow for content creation and publishing
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Write detailed requirements for business stakeholders, Engineering and Infrastructure teams
- Update wiki documentation and contribute to training materials
- Prioritize a backlog of bugs and feature enhancements
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
- This position will include supervising one or more employees.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, User Experience or related discipline with a focus on digital media or digital product management
- 7-10 years digital media product management experience – conceptualizing, defining, and delivering products to targeted audiences
- Digital technology experience in either a Product or Strategy role
- Experience working with a range of stakeholders on production, editorial and engineering teams
- Experience with CDNs, Content Management Systems and metadata tagging/taxonomy
- Experience with asset management and back-end services/APIs
- Experience with video workflows, transcoding and digital rights management
- Knowledge of headless content management systems such as Contentful
- Familiarity with ad technology and integrations (nice to have, but not a deal breaker)
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Informed decision-making skills based on best practices, analytics, industry / technology trends
- A demonstrated track record of successful product execution and leading cross-functional terms to deliver high-quality products
- To be a team player with the flexibility to get things done in a fast-past editorial environment
- Technical fluency; comfort understanding and discussing technology concepts and new features with technical team members
- A love of documentation, details, and diving head-first into solving our business user problems
- Proven track record of balancing multiple projects at once and delivery of projects successfully on time
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly detail oriented, strong technical intuition, organized and collaborative.
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- The ability to sit for prolonged period of time and view computer screen.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Google Suite
- Work is performed in an office environment that is well lit and ventilated.
NOTE: This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned.
*A warning about recruitment scams*
Unscrupulous individuals sometimes pose as MotorTrend Group recruiters and mislead jobseekers into providing sensitive personal information (such as social security numbers) or paying fees as a condition of submitting an application to MotorTrend Group or obtaining a job at MotorTrend Group. These individuals or entities posing as recruiters are not affiliated with MotorTrend Group and do not act on behalf of MotorTrend Group. Always utilize the MotorTrend Group Careers page https://boards.greenhouse.io/motortrendgroup to find available openings and whenever submitting a job application to MotorTrend Group, and know that MotorTrend Group will never ask for sensitive personal information or fees as part of your application.