Machines that Move Us.
People who Inspire Us.
Stories that Drive Us.
Check us out: http://bit.ly/MotorTrendG
*MotorTrend Group will never ask for sensitive personal information or fees as part of your application process*
We are MotorTrend.
With a monthly reach of more than 131 million, MTG is the largest automotive media company in the world. With franchises including MotorTrend, Hot Rod, Automobile, Wheeler Dealers, Roadkill, Best Driver’s Car, and dozens of other world-class brands, we are reimagining storytelling around mobility. Our portfolio brings together Discovery’s #1 TV network for automotive super fans, with our vast automotive digital platform that includes direct-to-consumer products, websites, apps, connected TVs, social, and live events.
The people who work at MotorTrend embody the passion of our content, and wake up every day intent on embracing, entertaining, and empowering the motoring world.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
The Account Coordinator (full time, salaried, regular) will support the MTG Sales Team and take a lead role in managing multimedia campaigns once sold through. This person will act as a leader and collaborator and proactively manage all multimedia campaigns and one off account projects to maximize account revenue and meet sales goals. Account Manager should also provide continuous strategic guidance to accounts and find areas to upsell that align with MotorTrend Group’s advanced capabilities and offerings.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Ownership and implementation of signed insertion orders and all account related revenue
- Work with MTG’s Sales representatives to act as a liaison between clients and MTG during campaign implementation
- Generate initial deliverables list and timeline for each insertion order and review with all relevant stakeholders, internal and external; working closely with Integrated Project Management team
- Manage the internal and external sales processes – from gathering assets to making sure all client deliverables are presented, approved and delivered on time
- Managing client expectations of deliverables: reports, custom projects, etc
- Establish check points to facilitate collaboration between the internal departments involved in the creative development and activation process including design, development, product, content sales and operations teams
- Plan, lead and recap internal meetings, decisions and deliverables to the core team
- Analyze the execution and performance of multiple campaigns against internal and external expectations and raise red flags when adjustments are needed to meet campaign goals; Serve as an escalation contact for investigating and resolving discrepancies and campaign issues, working hand in hand with campaign management team
- Identify and develop opportunities for improving processes and practices for greater efficiency and higher quality and areas to upsell to clients
- Provide quarterly sales revenue forecasting overviews by working closely with the core team members
- Organizes the preparation of proposals and presentations using marketing resource materials when needed by West Coast Sales Representatives
- Assist with special event management when tied to Aftermarket Accounts
- Serve as primary point-of-contact for all internal and external campaign-related inquiries; Treat all internal and external clients with respect and dignity in the course of fulfilling the requirements of the job
- This position will not include supervising one or more employees where applicable.
- Bachelors Degree
- 4 -5 years experience in sales, marketing, account management or related area
- Prior experience with cross-channel media campaigns preferred
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Self-Starter; Goal oriented; Persuasive
- Strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Keen business acumen
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Solid time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to identify problems and solutions, streamline systems and set standards
- Adaptable and flexible to meet demands of accounts and organizational change
- Must have the ability to communicate very clearly with both internal departments and external clients
- Must have a high attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- The ability to sit for prolonged period of time and view computer screen.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Google Suite
- Work is performed in an office environment that is well lit and ventilated.
NOTE: This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned.
*A warning about recruitment scams*
Unscrupulous individuals sometimes pose as MotorTrend Group recruiters and mislead jobseekers into providing sensitive personal information (such as social security numbers) or paying fees as a condition of submitting an application to MotorTrend Group or obtaining a job at MotorTrend Group. These individuals or entities posing as recruiters are not affiliated with MotorTrend Group and do not act on behalf of MotorTrend Group. Always utilize the MotorTrend Group Careers page https://boards.greenhouse.io/motortrendgroup to find available openings and whenever submitting a job application to MotorTrend Group, and know that MotorTrend Group will never ask for sensitive personal information or fees as part of your application.