Machines that Move Us.
People who Inspire Us.
Stories that Drive Us.
Check us out: http://bit.ly/MotorTrendG
We are MotorTrend.
With a monthly reach of more than 131 million, MTG is the largest automotive media company in the world. With franchises including MotorTrend, Hot Rod, Automobile, Wheeler Dealers, Roadkill, Best Driver’s Car, and dozens of other world-class brands, we are reimagining storytelling around mobility. Our portfolio brings together Discovery’s #1 TV network for automotive super fans, with our vast automotive digital platform that includes direct-to-consumer products, websites, apps, connected TVs, social, and live events.
The people who work at MotorTrend embody the passion of our content, and wake up every day intent on embracing, entertaining, and empowering the motoring world.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
The Sr. Recruiter (temporary, hourly, regular) is responsible for full cycle recruiting and driving our business forward by attracting some of the best fitting talent to our organization. This individual will have a keen eye for talent, passion to continuously learn and stay current on industry innovations, and keep a win-win strategy in mind with working with partners. Essential duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Utilize the ATS to perform full cycle recruiting on all assigned job requisitions within established time-to-fill guidelines
- Partner with the Hiring Manager(s) to understand the business, building effective sourcing strategies, and create an accurate job description
- Create an attractive job posting
- Screen and interview candidates to gauge skills and cultural fit and the candidate’s motivation
- Coordinate interviews and make any necessary arrangements
- Maintain communication with the Hiring Manager(s) to level set expectations and provide status updates
- Ensure offer approvals have been gathers and offers are within company budget
- Extend offers
- Coordinate background checks
- Integrate the company’s culture and values throughout the process
- Communicating and Reporting
- Serve as a point of contact to coordinate appropriate correspondence with applicants/candidates; utilize the most effective and appropriate means of communication to correspond including: the ATS, e-mails, telephone calls, and thank you letters
- Consult with the Hiring Manager
- Provide weekly reporting on requisition status and recruitment metrics
- Communicate the upcoming week’s new hires
- Create a strategy with the Hiring Manager(s) to attract talent
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with pools of qualified and relevant candidates
- Proactively engage in best practices and strategies that are compliant and drive the business in a positive direction
- Prepare and maintain records on each applicant, including interview responses, dates of interviews, interviewers involved, job offers made; job offers accepted and rejected, and reasons for rejection
- Attend relevant and candidate-producing events to promote the company and open positions
- Ensure that candidates have a highly positive experience during the recruitment and selection process
- Maintain the referral program
- This position will not include supervising one or more employees where applicable.
- 5+ years of recruiting experience
- Prior work experience in media/tech industry
- Prior experience in full life cycle recruiting
- Prior experience with ATS
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Strong working knowledge of an ATS
- Proven track record of successfully sourcing, recruiting, and hiring exceptional talent for all organizational levels
- Strong working knowledge of recruiting, selection and employment best practices and legalities, with experience utilizing the latest in social media, including LinkedIn
- Ability to perform passive candidate generation
- Knowledge of federal and state employment laws affecting recruitment
- Able to support multiple concurrent projects and meet deadlines; be solutions-orientation when problem solving and able to demonstrate a sense of urgency
- Able to multi-task and prioritize with efficiency
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality
- Able to maintain confidentiality when necessary
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Punctual, proactive, and able to take initiative; motivated self-starter
- Must be customer service driven
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Able to work independently and as a team, with and without supervision
- The ability to sit for prolonged period of time and view computer screen.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- ADP Workforce Now
- Work is performed in an office environment that is well lit and ventilated.
NOTE: This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned.