Machines that Move Us.
People who Inspire Us.
Stories that Drive Us.
Check us out: http://bit.ly/MotorTrendG
We are MotorTrend.
With a monthly reach of more than 131 million, MTG is the largest automotive media company in the world. With franchises including MotorTrend, Hot Rod, Automobile, Wheeler Dealers, Roadkill, Best Driver’s Car, and dozens of other world-class brands, we are reimagining storytelling around mobility. Our portfolio brings together Discovery’s #1 TV network for automotive super fans, with our vast automotive digital platform that includes direct-to-consumer products, websites, apps, connected TVs, social, and live events.
The people who work at MotorTrend embody the passion of our content, and wake up every day intent on embracing, entertaining, and empowering the motoring world.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
The Content Ops Coordinator (full-time, hourly, contract temp to hire) will be responsible for assisting the Content Operations team with overall metadata maintenance, data entry and tedious quality control checks for MotorTrend programming related to the onboarding process of third-party partner platforms. Daily workflows and tasks include checking and entering of all metadata and assets into the Distribute System and other system applications. Work with team to ensure accuracy of content within data systems, for delivery purposes and across all platforms.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Training and utilization of multiple systems and dashboards
- Add and confirm metadata for Premiere Dates, Tags and more
- Confirm DV Values and DV for Images in Distribute
- Double check and confirm Episode and Season Numbers
- Auditing the MTOD Planner doc and Distribute compared to website
- Ingestion of content to Deal
- Daily maintenance of content metadata includes compiling, adding metadata to entries in Distribute, comparing metadata in planner to metadata in Distribute, continual proofreading of metadata and spot checking of assets/videos, cross-reference of data between multiple spreadsheets, monitoring and quality control check of MotorTrend content displayed and airing on web and mobile platforms.
- This position will not include supervising one or more employees where applicable.
- High School Diploma
- Minimum 3 years professional work experience
- Experience with TV/Digital Programming/Digital Media a plus
- Knowledge and enthusiasm of automotive content a plus
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Substantial amount of data entry
- Strong attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality control
- Ability to multitask and prioritize with efficiency
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills
- Strong and collaborative team player
- Ability to adapt quickly to new systems/applications
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Microsoft Office Suite – Outstanding skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Google Suite (Gmail, Calendar, Sheets, Slides, Docs, Forms)
- Proficient in Photoshop
- The ability to sit for prolonged periods of time and view computer screen.
- Work is performed in an office environment that is well lit and ventilated and/or Remote.
NOTE: This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned.