Machines that Move Us.
People who Inspire Us.
Stories that Drive Us.
Check us out: http://bit.ly/MotorTrendG
We are MotorTrend.
With a monthly reach of more than 131 million, MTG is the largest automotive media company in the world. With franchises including MotorTrend, Hot Rod, Automobile, Wheeler Dealers, Roadkill, Best Driver’s Car, and dozens of other world-class brands, we are reimagining storytelling around mobility. Our portfolio brings together Discovery’s #1 TV network for automotive super fans, with our vast automotive digital platform that includes direct-to-consumer products, websites, apps, connected TVs, social, and live events.
The people who work at MotorTrend embody the passion of our content, and wake up every day intent on embracing, entertaining, and empowering the motoring world.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
At Motor Trend Group data is central to measuring all aspects of the business, and critical to its operations and growth. The BI data engineering team is responsible for collecting, analyzing and distributing data using public cloud and open source technologies and offers transparency into customer behavior and business performance
As a Digital Analytics Implementation/QA Engineer you need to identify analytics instrumentation opportunities, translate business requirements into custom data capture requirements, test and validate implementation across multiple platforms and products.
Our ideal candidate will be self-driven and analytic oriented specialist with hands on experience in implementing and managing tagging strategy. Should have desire to learn leading edge technologies and has a passion for demonstrating skill and precision in his/her work. Documents and reports on software performance issues. Communicates with developers, project managers and other development staff regarding software performance issues and testing processes. Develop test automation scripts and executes both manual and automated testing protocols.
- Be the in-house implementation engineer and subject matter expert for Adobe Analytics platform and Discovery’s internal tools for data collection.
- Work with the analytics team and product management teams to understand, analyze tagging strategy, and implement business requirements into custom Analytics deployment for Adobe Analytics and internal tools.
- Translate business questions from stakeholders into detailed tracking specifications across all international platforms, including web, mobile app and emerging platforms such as OTT devices, gaming consoles and smart tvs.
- Analyze performance impact, dependencies and pre-requisites of tagging implementations on various web applications, regional websites, and related properties.
- Collaborate with various engineering teams on implementation of analytics solution, including guidance on data layer implementation and troubleshooting, and data feeds and integrations with other systems.
- Ensure all existing and new products and features have accurate measurement by validating the measurement on each device and validating that all reports are populating appropriately.
- Stay on top of Adobe Analytics Platform product updates, library version changes, updates, extensions, best practices and proactively follow up with required changes in implementation.
- Communicate between the technical, analytical, and business staff for implementation requests and manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- 8+ years of experience in Adobe Analytics implementation experience using Adobe Launch or DTM on customer facing multi-national global web applications
- 8+ years of experience in using debugging tools, checking analytics and 3rd party tags using developer tools such as Fiddler, Charles, or Chrome Dev tools
- Advanced skills in analytics tools such as SiteCatalyst and/or Google Analytics, including related reporting tools such as Report Builder and Adobe Analytics Workspace.
- Experience in at least 2 Analytics implementations (Tag management, pixel deployment, customer journeys, AB testing)
- Experience in Data mapping and quality audit strategies
- Ability to learn new domains and concepts quickly
- Ability to read and understand technical documents
- Ability to work independently or with minimal supervision and implement solutions in a timely manner with high quality.
- Ability to engage with business partners, technology stakeholders, technology vendors in ideation and solution creation.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to sit for prolonged period of time and view computer screen.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- API-related technologies HTTP, REST, XML and JSON
- Web analytics (Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics)
- Tag Management Tools (Adobe DTM, Adobe Heartbeat,Adobe Launch, Google Tag Manager, Tealium, Ensighten)
- Work is performed in an office environment that is well lit and ventilated.
NOTE: This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned.