Machines that Move Us.
People who Inspire Us.
Stories that Drive Us.
Check us out: http://bit.ly/MotorTrendGroup Opens in New Window
We are MotorTrend.
With a monthly reach of more than 131 million, MTG is the largest automotive media company in the world. With franchises including MotorTrend, Hot Rod, Automobile, Wheeler Dealers, Roadkill, Best Driver’s Car, and dozens of other world-class brands, we are reimagining storytelling around mobility. Our portfolio brings together Discovery’s #1 TV network for automotive super fans, with our vast automotive digital platform that includes direct-to-consumer products, websites, apps, connected TVs, social, and live events.
The people who work at MotorTrend embody the passion of our content, and wake up every day intent on embracing, entertaining, and empowering the motoring world.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
The QA Engineer II will help raise the quality bar of MotorTrend’s Web Platforms. Sr. QA Engineer will be contributing to quality assurance for front-end, backend, content management, and infrastructure solutions. QA Engineers are the frontline owner of quality processes, including the process of development, testing, and delivery.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Develop test plans/test cases for MotorTrend’s web platforms and content management systems.
- Perform black box and gray box testing to validate requirement and technical specification.
- Identify and report issues. Collaborate with Development to debug and troubleshoot issues and track through resolution.
- Contribute to test automation efforts
- Train and mentor other QA Engineers
The ideal candidate has knowledge and experience with testing a large portfolio of high-traffic web sites and applications, including the platform applications that power them. Your work and your approach to work are exemplary: you drive best practices and set standards for your team. You are a key influencer in your team’s strategy and contribute significantly to team planning. You provide mentoring to other engineers. Your written and oral communication skills are superb.
- This position will not include supervising one or more employees where applicable
- BA/BS in a Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent professional experience.
- 5-7 years of experience in a software quality assurance/automation engineer position, building applications for enterprise customer facing solutions.
- Strong experience in developing and executing test plans for web frontend, backend, and content management systems.
- Experience with testing a large portfolio of high-traffic web sites and applications, including the platform applications that power them.
- Experience in CMS platforms, preferred.
- Hands-on automation experience, preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of QA methodologies and best practices.
- Strong knowledge of current web standards and technologies.
- Working knowledge of content management systems, wordpress, SEO, and ActiveMQ
- Hands-on experience in testing and troubleshooting using with QA tools (e.g. network monitoring tools, debug logs, performance dashboards, etc)
- Working knowledge of GraphQL, Rest APIs, JSON, Postman
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- The ability to sit for prolonged period of time and view computer screen.
- Atlassian suite (JIRA, Confluence)
- Google Workspace
- Currently remote. Work will eventually be performed in an office environment that is well lit and ventilated (hybrid).
NOTE: This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned.