Machines that Move Us.
People who Inspire Us.
Stories that Drive Us.
Check us out: https://youtu.be/oi-K17xC_3w
We are MotorTrend.
With a monthly reach of more than 131 million, MTG is the largest automotive media company in the world. With franchises including MotorTrend, Hot Rod, Automobile, Wheeler Dealers, Roadkill, Best Driver’s Car, and dozens of other world-class brands, we are reimagining storytelling around mobility. Our portfolio brings together Discovery’s #1 TV network for automotive super fans, with our vast automotive digital platform that includes direct-to-consumer products, websites, apps, connected TVs, social, and live events.
The people who work at MotorTrend embody the passion of our content, and wake up every day intent on embracing, entertaining, and empowering the motoring world.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
The Office Assistant (full-time, hourly, regular) is responsible for providing general office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks. This individual must have a willingness to be flexible and agile to respond and adapt to a fast-paced environment. Essential duties include, but not limited to:
- Front Desk
- Greet, screen, and direct telephone calls to the appropriate associate with professionalism.
- Provide callers with accurate information
- Greet, screen, and direct visitors with professionalism as they come into the office; alert the appropriate associate when a visitor has arrived
- Take messages when appropriate and distribute messages to the relevant associate(s)
- Maintain cleanliness and professionalism of the office lobby
- Maintain an accurate phone list
- Manage conference room reservations
- Direct any deliveries and mail appropriately
- Office Administration
- Order, review, and approve requests for office supplies for various offices in the company
- Maintain office supply inventory for various offices in the company
- Administrative Support
- Data entry on projects as necessary
- Clerical duties, such as photocopying, sorting, filing, faxing, collating, and related
- Assist in coordinating meetings and/or conference calls when required
- Assist in maintaining any schedules and calendars of appointments in Outlook when required
- Serve as backup when an Executive Assistant is unavailable
- No supervisory responsibility is included in this position.
- Minimum of one year of related experience
- High school diploma
- Prior experience with Microsoft Office Suite on a PC
- Prior experience in an office environment as a Front Office Assistant/Receptionist
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Excellent phone etiquette and verbal and written communication skills
- Punctual, proactive, and able to take initiative
- Must be customer service driven and able to problem solve
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of mail merge, basic Excel formulas, and creating graphs is a plus
- Able to multitask and prioritize with efficiency
- Able to work independently and as a team, with and without supervision
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality
- Able to maintain confidentiality when necessary
- The ability to sit for prolonged period of time and view a computer screen
- Some standing, pushing, pulling, lifting, stooping, reaching, carrying, moving is required as necessary
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Google Suite (Sheets, Slides, Docs, Forms)
- Internet Explorer
- PC computer
- Standard office equipment, such as phone, copier, filing cabinet, fax machine, and calculator
- The position operates in a professional office environment. It is well lit and ventilated.
NOTE: This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned.