Machines that Move Us.
People who Inspire Us.
Stories that Drive Us.
Check us out: http://bit.ly/MotorTrendG
We are MotorTrend.
With a monthly reach of more than 131 million, MTG is the largest automotive media company in the world. With franchises including MotorTrend, Hot Rod, Automobile, Wheeler Dealers, Roadkill, Best Driver’s Car, and dozens of other world-class brands, we are reimagining storytelling around mobility. Our portfolio brings together Discovery’s #1 TV network for automotive super fans, with our vast automotive digital platform that includes direct-to-consumer products, websites, apps, connected TVs, social, and live events.
The people who work at MotorTrend embody the passion of our content, and wake up every day intent on embracing, entertaining, and empowering the motoring world.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
The Staff Accountant is responsible for preparing journal entries, detailed reports & analysis, and account reconciliations. Essential duties and responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Prepare and post journal entries.
- Perform bank reconciliations.
- Prepare and analyze account reconciliations.
- Prepare reports detailing monthly expenses by cost center.
- Analyze expenses, including comparisons to forecast results and trended results.
- Perform variance/flux analysis.
- Ad Hoc analyses as needed.
- Correspond with other departments to ensure proper accounting for revenue and expenses.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- Assist in compliance with Company’s accounting policy.
- BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting.
- Minimum of 2 years of working experience.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Strong understanding of financial reporting & generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Strong working knowledge of bank reconciliations.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Experience with Oracle or other large automated accounting system is a plus.
- Experience with Cognos TM1 or similar database experience is a plus.
- Experience with SVOD/AVOD subscriptions and content accounting is a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skill.
- Able to work well with various internal and outside stakeholders on a routine basis.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.
- Able to thrive in a fast-pace setting.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Google suite
- Cognos TM1
- The ability to sit for prolonged period of time and view computer screen.
- Work is currently being performed remotely until later this year.
- Work will be performed in an office environment that is well lit and ventilated.
NOTE: This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned.