Machines that Move Us.
People who Inspire Us.
Stories that Drive Us.
Check us out: http://bit.ly/MotorTrendG
We are MotorTrend.
With a monthly reach of more than 131 million, MTG is the largest automotive media company in the world. With franchises including MotorTrend, Hot Rod, Automobile, Wheeler Dealers, Roadkill, Best Driver’s Car, and dozens of other world-class brands, we are reimagining storytelling around mobility. Our portfolio brings together Discovery’s #1 TV network for automotive super fans, with our vast automotive digital platform that includes direct-to-consumer products, websites, apps, connected TVs, social, and live events.
The people who work at MotorTrend embody the passion of our content, and wake up every day intent on embracing, entertaining, and empowering the motoring world.
The Line Producer (full-time, salaried, regular) is a key role for the MotorTrend Studios production team, responsible for the planning and execution of series production, ensuring that resources are distributed, and content is captured safely, efficiently, and according to the show's artistic and business objectives. This position requires focus, unwavering attention to detail, ability to exercise sound judgment, proactivity, self-motivation, quick to pivot as necessary, thoroughness, and ability to manage a wide variety of multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced environment.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Manage all aspects of day-to-day operations and logistics for production, including hiring crew, managing agreements, releases, insurance, payroll, budgeting, location coordination, vendor management, etc.
- Work closely with the team to forecast, manage, and track budgets and expenses for assigned shows through the production lifecycle. This includes pre-production budget setting, managing a working budget, and actualizing budgets with backup files after principal photography has wrapped.
- Adhere to MotorTrend Studio management systems, following Production Guidelines and Procedures to ensure proper documentation and tracking on all production documents through the production lifecycle.
- Conduct meetings with necessary production staff to discuss production progress and objectives. Monitor/maintain the execution of all production deadlines and update the internal team on the progress of current production objectives.
- Oversee physical production on set, with leadership, ensuring the show stays on schedule and budget.
- Assist with all logistical booking and securing travel, locations, and crew, including startup paperwork for the crew, location coordination, etc.
- Respond to problems and issues as they develop during the filming process and anticipate and solve any equipment, personnel, or supplies issues before they become problematic.
- Work closely with Showrunner, Director, and Hosts to support creative vision.
- Assist with training and overseeing Production Coordinators and assistants
- Work closely with outside vendors as needed for production.
- Manage all expenses (petty cash and credit card) before, during, and after (wrap process) a shoot
- Collect, organize, and reconcile to complete the wrap of each project
- This position may include supervising one or more employees where applicable. Supervisory responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide consistent training, support, and mentorship to team.
- Review and approve individual timecards (as needed) and time-off requests to ensure optimal staffing levels
- Effective, fair, and consistent performance management
- Fairly and consistently ensure compliance with company policies and procedures
- Effective, fair, and consistent management of one or multiple projects at any one time
- Knowledge of and ability to, execute full compliance with company policies and procedures
- Bachelors degree in Film and Video Production, or relatable degree
- Preferred 5+ years previous experience in a similar role.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Ability to lead large groups of people as needed per production.
- Vast understanding of budgeting, knowledgeable of industry standards (Excel, AICP, AICE, MovieMagic).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills/scheduling.
- Excels when working under high pressure situations.
- Baseline understanding, interest, or experience in the automotive industry a plus.
- Always maintains a positive and professional attitude.
- The ability to sit for prolonged period of time and view computer screen
- Requires standing on set on location frequently
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Google Calendar, Sheets,
- Work is performed in an office environment that is well lit and ventilated
- Work is also performed on a variety of sets and locations
NOTE: This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned.