This is a contract role and you will not be directly employed by MotorTrend Group. You'll be required to work through a third party agent called TCW.
- Rate: $55 - $64 p/h based on experience
- Mon-Fri, 8 hour days.
- Must be able to work remotely but ideally based in Los Angeles
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
The Marketing Director (contract) will lead in the development of custom, advertiser supported programs across MotorTrend Group. This includes working closely with various internal departments, sales, publishers and editorial teams for the purpose of developing custom integrated marketing programs. The Marketing Director will be responsible for connecting advertising partners’ objectives to MotorTrend Group’s proposed strategies, concepts and overall activation with audience. Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Leading the development of custom cross-platform programs for MotorTrend Group clients connecting client objectives to proposed strategy, concepts and activation across MotorTrend Group portfolio of brands. Including, but not limited to:
- Building proposals and RFP responses
- Leading and/or participating in creative brainstorming in the development of custom integrated programs
- Working closely with Marketing Research Manager to leverage research to develop strategic approaches and recommendations
- Development of presentation materials including Power Point decks including, but not limited to, MotorTrend Group presentations, digital up-fronts and sales one-sheets
- Supporting the development of strategic partnerships across MotorTrend Group
- Development of strategic sales programs and the Marketing collateral to promote them
- Assisting sales with client-specific proposals and/or presentations
- Involved with assisting in the development of sold programs interacting with Marketing Project Management team. Including, but not limited to:
- Providing project management support of sold client programs
- Providing support in the creative & development of sold client programs
- Reporting out of integrated programs and campaigns and development of case studies and award submissions
- This position will not include supervising employees.
- Directly relatable experience within ad sales marketing, and enthusiasm for, the automotive category
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, or related field preferred
- 5+ years’ experience/education with Advertising or Marketing
- 5+ years’ experience/education with Digital/Online Technology
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Excellent writing skills
- Proven leadership and organizational skills
- Student of marketing/advertising
- Proven ability to work independently
- Proven ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Proven oral and written communications skills, including knowledge of correct spelling, punctuation and grammar
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must be self-motivated, possess strong initiative, and resourcefulness
- Must be detailed oriented
- Proven interpersonal skills
- Aptitude for analyzing and synthesizing research data, with the ability to build strategic “stories”
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Workspace, specifically PowerPoint, Excel, Sheets and Docs
- The ability to sit for prolonged period of time and view computer screen.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) + Google Workspace (Gmail, Sheets, Docs)
- This is a remote role
NOTE: This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned.