Machines that Move Us.
People who Inspire Us.
Stories that Drive Us.
Check us out: http://bit.ly/MotorTrendG
We are MotorTrend.
With a monthly reach of more than 131 million, MTG is the largest automotive media company in the world. With franchises including MotorTrend, Hot Rod, Automobile, Wheeler Dealers, Roadkill, Best Driver’s Car, and dozens of other world-class brands, we are reimagining storytelling around mobility. Our portfolio brings together Discovery’s #1 TV network for automotive super fans, with our vast automotive digital platform that includes direct-to-consumer products, websites, apps, connected TVs, social, and live events.
The people who work at MotorTrend embody the passion of our content, and wake up every day intent on embracing, entertaining, and empowering the motoring world.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
The Vice President, Business Intelligence and Data Engineering (full-time, salaried, regular) will be a key part of the Bi/Finance team and is responsible for ensuring data integrity, managing day to day priorities of the team and culling actionable insights from the data and information created by the team. This role will lead KPI insights discussion on a weekly basis with key stakeholders and executives to help convert insights into action. The role will also play a key part developing and mentoring a small but talented team of engineers and analysts for future leadership roles.
You will love working here if you are a self-starter, like a dynamic business environment, understand the difference between data, information, factiods and insights, and enjoy working with a young but extremely talented team to influence the strategic vision of the Company.
You will not like working here if you need a work week that’s predictable or do not prefer change management or if helping a team re-evaluate work processes to adapt to the ever-changing media landscape is not your thing.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Establishing an internal BI competency center or center of excellence
- Conduct key data needs analysis of all internal departments, and develop, communicate and execute the appropriate strategy and plan to meet the needs of all key stakeholders.
- Maintain data integrity and transparency to increase data confidence across all business units.
- Articulate vision and develop strategy and deployment plan to create a best-in-class meta data warehousing infrastructure, and analytical and reporting tools.
- Establish management dashboards to provide actionable and timely business insights for each operating area of the company.
- Analyze and interpret marketing performance & attribution across channels and platforms
- Establish key business and customer metrics and create a results-oriented dynamic, real-time dashboard solution.
- Consistently integrate sources of data to create actionable customer insight and recommendations.
- Provide digital product goals, strategy and long-term vision
- Develop strong cross-functional partnerships across Motor Trend
- Recruit, train, and manage the business intelligence and strategy team
- This position may include supervising one or more employees where applicable. Supervisory responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Provide consistent training, support, and mentorship to team
- Review and approve individual timecards (as needed) and time-off requests to ensure optimal staffing levels
- Effective, fair, and consistent performance management
- Fairly and consistently ensure compliance with company policies and procedures
- [further supervisory duties/responsibilities, if applicable]
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant data science, business intelligence or data analytics experience, with a minimum of 5 years of management and leadership experience
- Masters degree in Data Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics or related field
- Extensive experience with big data structures, data warehousing, adobe analytics, DFP, SQL (Oracle, Hive, MySQL etc.), Adobe, tableau or other similar visualization software
- Experience designing and building KPI dashboards for various internal constituents
- Experience in, and understanding of a wide variety of analytical processes (governance, measurement etc)
- Experience with agile software development
- Extensive experience interacting with C-level executives
- Experience managing cross-department BI projects and teams
- Experience in a business with a membership, loyalty clubs would be a bonus
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Familiarity with 3rd party analytics sources, e.g, Moat, SimpleReach, Bitly, Gigya, Bombora, Facebook Audience Insights etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to establish and articulate a vision, set goals, develop and execute strategies, and track and measure results
- The ability to sit for prolonged period of time and view computer screen.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Google suite
- Work is performed in an office environment that is well lit and ventilated.
- This role will be working remotely until Q3 of 2021
NOTE: This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned.