Machines that Move Us.
People who Inspire Us.
Stories that Drive Us.
Check us out: http://bit.ly/MotorTrendG
We are MotorTrend.
With a monthly reach of more than 131 million, MTG is the largest automotive media company in the world. With franchises including MotorTrend, Hot Rod, Automobile, Wheeler Dealers, Roadkill, Best Driver’s Car, and dozens of other world-class brands, we are reimagining storytelling around mobility. Our portfolio brings together Discovery’s #1 TV network for automotive super fans, with our vast automotive digital platform that includes direct-to-consumer products, websites, apps, connected TVs, social, and live events.
The people who work at MotorTrend embody the passion of our content, and wake up every day intent on embracing, entertaining, and empowering the motoring world.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
The Social Media Editor, MotorTrend (full-time, salaried, regular) is responsible for the social media promotion of MotorTrend Group brands Four Wheeler Network and Truck Trend Network with specific and measured goals of growing and engaging with MotorTrend Group’s social audience, increasing unique visitors, and on-platform page views.
The position will work across brands and publishing platforms, and will be coordinating with the other MotorTrend Group Social editors on cross-brand news and promotions. Additionally, this position will work closely with Editorial, Events, SVOD Marketing, and Sales teams.
- Promotion of editorial, Ad Sales, and digital programming
- Publish content across social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
- Draft creative copy, which reflects the voice of said brand to support various ad sales campaigns, editorial initiatives and SVOD programming.
- Create unique content and promotions
- Create and distribute platform-specific social content with the goal of growing the MotorTrend base.
- Develop posts that drive engagement to maintain the best performance from each platform.
- Community Moderation
- Monitor online community health, sentiment and inbound comments utilizing suite of moderation tools
- Use data to identify the best-performing content; maintain an internal social analytics database.
- Compile and present weekly insights to core internal teams
- Best Practices
- Keep up to date on the latest trends and changes in social media as well as new practices for optimizing the effectiveness of the platforms.
- This position will not include supervising one or more employees where applicable.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or related field is preferred.
- Prior experience managing social media pages with proven record of success in audience growth and engagement.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Knowledge of social media and analytics software.
- Display in-depth knowledge and understanding of Social Media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest etc.; and how each platform can be used in different scenarios.
- Strong writing capability of shifting styles to reflect content and/or individual brands.
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and video formats.
- Ability to be a team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide other employees when necessary.
- Good technical understanding and ability to pick up new tools quickly.
- Exceptional time management skills including the ability to handle multiple projects with changing priorities.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- The ability to sit for prolonged period of time and view computer screen.
- The ability to travel to production shoot and/or off-site event as necessary. This may include travel both during and outside of normal business hours. (up to 10%)
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- G Suite
- True Anthem
- Work is performed in an office environment that is well lit and ventilated.
NOTE: This position description reflects managementʼs assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned.