Machines that Move Us.
People who Inspire Us.
Stories that Drive Us.
Check us out: http://bit.ly/MotorTrendG
We are MotorTrend.
With a monthly reach of more than 131 million, MTG is the largest automotive media company in the world. With franchises including MotorTrend, Hot Rod, Automobile, Wheeler Dealers, Roadkill, Best Driver’s Car, and dozens of other world-class brands, we are reimagining storytelling around mobility. Our portfolio brings together Discovery’s #1 TV network for automotive super fans, with our vast automotive digital platform that includes direct-to-consumer products, websites, apps, connected TVs, social, and live events.
The people who work at MotorTrend embody the passion of our content, and wake up every day intent on embracing, entertaining, and empowering the motoring world.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
The Senior Copywriter, Marketing (full-time, salaried, regular) will craft compelling messages and business-diving campaign copy for acquisition and retention efforts, primarily (but not exclusively) for the SVOD business.
In addition to general campaign work, the Senior Copywriter, Marketing will work closely with the Marketing Strategy and CRM teams to develop high-volumes of communications that build consumer relationships and drive engagement.
Essential responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Campaigns: Writing effective, clear, and persuasive copy in alignment with intended brand messaging for events, both in-market and after-market, Original Programming, and MotorTrend SVOD (mediums includes print, digital, social, and promo video)
- CRM: Develop copy for emails, social stories, web and app notifications, and in-product messaging, that conveys the unique value of MotorTrend brand and drives a consumer to take action
- Brand: You’ll help develop and maintain the MotorTrend voice, working to ensure our brand positioning, messaging, and tone of voice remain consistent and shine through in every communication
- This position will not include supervising one or more employees where applicable.
- You’re a creative at heart, with 5+ years of experience as a copywriter.
- You have had a strong focus on email marketing in previous roles, and experience with app and web notifications, in-product messaging and SMS.
- Experience across other disciplines (ASO, SEM/SEO) is a plus, but not required.
- Studio and/or Agency experience is preferred, but not required.
- Entertainment marketing experience is a plus.
- You have a link to a portfolio and samples of email work.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- You’re a business-minded storyteller, you know how to craft copy that drives action and inspires emotion.
- You have a car story: maybe you don’t collect or build cars, but you share, or understand, auto enthusiasts’ passion for cars.
- You are comfortable utilizing research and data, not just to inform messaging, but how to grow and evolve the brand voice.
- You understand email marketing best practices to increase open and click through rates; you also think beyond the copy and consider user flow when crafting emails.
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with web designers, social producers, video editors and creative directors.
- You have a firm grasp of proper grammar and syntax but are not afraid to break the rules to craft compelling creative that can persuade audiences.
- You’re collaborative, open to constructive feedback, and not afraid to share your point of view - you’re also a delight to work with.
- You’re a self-starter with good time management skills who can handle multiple projects simultaneously and deliver high quality copy under strict deadlines.
- The ability to sit for prolonged period of time and view computer screen.
- You’re flexible about workspace -- you’re comfortable working remotely, in a hybrid structure, as well as in an office setting.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Google suite
- Work is performed in an office environment that is well lit and ventilated.
NOTE: This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned.